Software update

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
After the update I'm now getting 2 (or more) notifications from Go SMS Pro for every message received. It is set as default app. Anyone else experience this?

riplikash

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Battery improvements here too. Oddly, one of the biggest improvements is that the battery estimates are actually :gasp: useful now. The chart, for example, always used to show a sharper actual decline and a more gradual estimated decline, and the estimates were basically useless. Now the two largely match. When it says I have 12 hours left, I can apparently expect to have twelve hours left.

Definitely smoother and snappier for me too. Camera pops up faster.

I haven't gotten any of the "(app) has stopped" notifications that plagued me up till this point either. So, overall, it seems like a big improvement.

Finally, Android System and Cell Standby have really calmed down. They always used to be the biggest battery suckers. Now it is screen (as it should be).

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
So far things are still going well. No slowdowns or other issues and everything seems a tad faster then it was before, the camera now pops up and focus noticeably faster. Not really seeing any outward UI changes but I think some settings icons changed.

I did have some off battery drain this morning, lost 9% in the 30 minute drive to work, but GSam indicates it's from an app going crazy this morning and things seem to have stabilized now.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear about the improvements and that it just wasn't me.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Where, exactly, did Samsung say their 5.1.1 update fixes the memory management issue and improves battery life?

Posted via the Android Central App

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop New Features Change-log:

- Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0 release.

- General improvements in system stability.

- Improved RAM management.

- Fixes for sudden app closures.

- Improved battery management.

- Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed.

- Issues with wireless connections fixed.

- Problems with Okay Google function solved.

- Notifications problems solved.

- Some sound problems experience [sic] by certain devices fixed.

- Other improvements and changes.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop New Features Change-log:

- Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0 release.

- General improvements in system stability.

- Improved RAM management.

- Fixes for sudden app closures.

- Improved battery management.

- Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed.

- Issues with wireless connections fixed.

- Problems with Okay Google function solved.

- Notifications problems solved.

- Some sound problems experience [sic] by certain devices fixed.

- Other improvements and changes.
Yeah, that's the Google change-log, not the Samsung one. Hopefully all of that will be rolled into Samsung’s (obviously except the silent mode since Samsung already has that included).

Still, Samsung hasn't officially released a change-log for 5.1.1.

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Google has officially released Lollipop 5.1.1 update to Samsung, that's been stated at Sam Mobile and on the XDA forums. Samsung is adding in Guest mode and new camera updates as well as other Samsung updates, and wont release their change log till it's officially released to the U.S carriers. Then it's a waiting game till they push it out, however T-Mobile shouldn't take long to get theirs out since they have had a unofficial version of 5.1.1 they been tweaking since early May (also talked about on XDA forums).

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried turning on the enhanced LTE option again and within 30 minutes there was drain and Cell Standby popped to the top of the battery usage list so that is not fixed, at least for me anyway. Seeing at that is a Lollipop issue I am hopeful it gets fixed in 5.1.1.

jetspeedz

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Do a google search on s6 not getting notifications. It's posted in this forum and others, related to charging, specifically wireless charging and sleep flag getting set where email notifications do not work after the phone is idle for some time using only mobile network. sms and phone calls work fine.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit annoyed. The update failed to install on my device and now it keeps saying I'm up to date, although my build number is lower than the one in the screenshots of this thread. I've advanced the system date (once to tomorrow, once to Sat and then a third time to Sunday) and tried again and it tells me it's up to date. Usually that has worked in the past, but for some reason it's still telling me no update is available.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit annoyed. The update failed to install on my device and now it keeps saying I'm up to date, although my build number is lower than the one in the screenshots of this thread. I've advanced the system date (once to tomorrow, once to Sat and then a third time to Sunday) and tried again and it tells me it's up to date. Usually that has worked in the past, but for some reason it's still telling me no update is available.

Clear cache and try it

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Not too much different than what I was getting before, but I'm sure about 2:40 in an 8 hour work day would be sufficient for most people.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Attachments

• 470.jpg
    470.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 471.jpg
    471.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 146