Hey all,

So my battery life is nothing to write home about on my Verizon S6. I'll never get more than 12 hours with about 2 hours screen on time.

I've been using Gsam Battery manager to see what's up and I noticed something weird. My screen is apparently using more battery while off than while on! At least, I think that's what this first screenshot means.

Any ideas? I've also included the standard battery life screens for your reference.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Very strange battery issue-3704.jpg   Very strange battery issue-3705.jpg   Very strange battery issue-3703.jpg  
    05-13-2015 10:44 AM
    Actually, I think it's just showing how much battery discharge occured while the screen was off, not necessarily how much was due to the screen.

29% + 47% = 76% which is roughly the total amount discharged so far based on your 23% left stat on the first screen. 29% (or 38% of discharge thus far) occurred with the screen on, and 47% (or 62% of discharge thus far) occurred with the screen off, probably due to background tasks, radio, wifi, etc.
    05-13-2015 04:27 PM
    Actually, I think it's just showing how much battery discharge occured while the screen was off, not necessarily how much was due to the screen.

29% + 47% = 76% which is roughly the total amount discharged so far based on your 23% left stat on the first screen. 29% (or 38% of discharge thus far) occurred with the screen on, and 47% (or 62% of discharge thus far) occurred with the screen off, probably due to background tasks, radio, wifi, etc.
    Cool, thanks for that.

But isn't that concerning as well? Why would my phone be burning more battery while sitting there with the screen off?

05-13-2015 07:45 PM
    Cool, thanks for that.

But isn't that concerning as well? Why would my phone be burning more battery while sitting there with the screen off?

It looks like you have your 4G LTE on which is also draining your battery by running, and when you get notifications.
    Try turning 4G LTE off when you put the phone in your pocket or aren't using it and only turn the 4G LTE on when you need it which should stop your battery from draining fast.
    05-13-2015 08:35 PM
    It looks like you have your 4G LTE on which is also draining your battery by running, and when you get notifications.
    Try turning 4G LTE off when you put the phone in your pocket or aren't using it and only turn the 4G LTE on when you need it which should stop your battery from draining fast.
    Thanks for the response. I used to do that but it's a pain and I'm one of those guys that doesn't believe in unnecessarily gimping the phone. These days one shouldn't have to turn off GPS or 4G.

05-14-2015 08:54 AM