Widget direct to dial?

DCDSports

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello . . . pretty sure on my S5 I had a contact widget that let me call a contact with one push.

Looks like the only contact widget I have on this phone (Verizon S6) takes me to the contact. Anyone know of an app that can do something similar for me? I tend to put my contacts in group folders.

Thanks ahead of time.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello . . . pretty sure on my S5 I had a contact widget that let me call a contact with one push.

Looks like the only contact widget I have on this phone (Verizon S6) takes me to the contact. Anyone know of an app that can do something similar for me? I tend to put my contacts in group folders.

Thanks ahead of time.

You don't have this in your widgets?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-13-14-30-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-13-14-30-54.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 46

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I saw a contact app that I did download. You put the people you wanted in a group and you could have as many or as few as you wanted.

Let me see if I can find that.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, 5.0.1, Note 4, no launcher. I've always had that widget with all my Samsung phones.

I don't know if it is a Samsung thing or and Android thing.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, 5.0.1, Note 4, no launcher. I've always had that widget with all my Samsung phones.

I don't know if it is a Samsung thing or and Android thing.

Note 4, that explains it. The S6 doesn't have it. Which is why it's so frustrating, as you said, all my Samsung phones have had it, except the S6.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Direct Dial and Direct Text widgets were removed by Samsung for some unknown reason. The ones I imported from Nova still work.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I bet samsung forgot to add it back in after they gutted a few things. :) but then again, I've been known to be wrong.....

Posted via the Android Central App

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help everybody. I used an app from the thread. It's not pretty, but it's efficient.

Cheers

Yeah it works. I also found out that if you use the contact shortcut that was included in the s6. Just hold the phone to your ear, and it will call the contact.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks ahead of time.
Shortcut Dial. Does EXACTLY what you want and it's a 1x1 widget so you can put as many or as few as you wish on your home screen. It even imports any contact pictures you have assigned to your selected contact. Here's a link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=klozin.ShortcutDial&hl=en&token=F2iUjbK3

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
That only half fixes my issue with Nova Launcher. I am used to having a direct dial shortcut for cell and then swipe up to direct dial home. Or tap to direct text and swipe up to direct dial. Since those widgets are gone, I have lost this functionality.

The Shortcut Dial app isn't a widget, so it can't be used this way. It's an app that generates shortcuts.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
That only half fixes my issue with Nova Launcher. I am used to having a direct dial shortcut for cell and then swipe up to direct dial home. Or tap to direct text and swipe up to direct dial. Since those widgets are gone, I have lost this functionality.

The Shortcut Dial app isn't a widget, so it can't be used this way. It's an app that generates shortcuts.

Get Better Direct Dial. It is a shortcut. You can assign it to Nova Guesstures, just as I have done.