06-16-2015 07:03 PM
88 1234
tools
    Swipe gestures don't work for me. And I bought the Prime version

Posted via the Android Central App
    Update to the latest Nova prime, they fixed gestures and much more

dreaming of electric sheep
    05-14-2015 03:43 PM
    I use swipe up for app drawer, swipe down to expand notifications, two finger swipe up for nova settings so i can adjust any option on the launcher quickly.

And i have a few gestures set up for different apps.

I also change all the animation speeds to fast and change home and drawer animations to slide i believe it's called.

Another thing i do is scrollable dock, i have two dock pages used up also nice for one handed use
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-14-2015 09:45 PM
    Google Now Launcher. Less is More. If you want more, get a custom ROM. These in between changes are "meh" at best. Go hard, or don't go at all. Just my opinion. Btw, I'm 100% stock now. At the slightest hint of a problem, I'm going back to roms. What's the difference?
    05-14-2015 10:37 PM
    I use nova with moonshine icons. I double tap to open the camera.

05-14-2015 11:24 PM
    I just edited my post above, but for those of you that already read it and won't go back and the others that just don't go back to read, I'm double posting here some ideas on how to use the gestures on Nova.

Hints : Use swipe action in folders to open apps, plus use the swipe down gesture to Expand Notifications, this helps a lot for a one hand use, plus I use swipe up for Google App, so I can get rid of the widget using precious space. Also, Double Tap I use it to open Camera, I know we have Double Home Tap, but common sense tells me that the more we use the Home button the faster it can get damaged, so if I can prevent that with the same action, Double tap, but in the screen instead, I think it's better in the long run.
    Yeh, Nova is great I have a similar setup, but 2 finger swipe down the app drawer, and double tap for google search.

dreaming of electric sheep
    05-14-2015 11:40 PM
    Is anyone getting redraw with the updated Nova 4? It's actually fine on my S6, but my tab S keeps redrawing the wallpaper when I close apps.
    05-15-2015 07:03 AM
    I keep seeing that version 4 has "widget search" but I can't find anything about it. Anyone know how it works and how to access it?
    05-15-2015 08:20 AM
    In the widgets screen swipe down from the top to open the search bar.
    05-15-2015 08:46 AM
    Been using Nova with the Velur icon pack
    Velur is a great looking icon set....used it for a long while. Currently using the Vintage pack

On the fence for Nova...-screenshot_2015-05-15-09-45-35.png
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-15-2015 08:52 AM
    Ah, got it - thank you Javier P!
    05-15-2015 09:38 AM
    My favorite "material" icon pack so far is Material Things
    05-15-2015 09:45 AM
    My favorite "material" icon pack so far is Material Things
    Those are nice and bright. I could see myself using these with my darker backgrounds. Thanks!
    05-15-2015 10:50 AM
    Those are nice and bright. I could see myself using these with my darker backgrounds. Thanks!
    Welcome
    If you're looking for a really nice pack for light backgrounds I also highly recommend Ivory by Samantha Conners
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-15-2015 03:59 PM
    Just read the thread about the stock weather widget. If you have Nova, why do have to go icon packs, import widgets or load park files over XDA? Reading these types of posts are not exactly giving me an incentive to try. Nova again.
    05-15-2015 06:55 PM
    Just read the thread about the stock weather widget. If you have Nova, why do have to go icon packs, import widgets or load park files over XDA? Reading these types of posts are not exactly giving me an incentive to try. Nova again.
    You don't have to do any of what you said with nova. You keep talking nova down for some reason....dude, nova blows the doors off touchwiz in every aspect. That's just a fact.

edgefever likes this.
    05-15-2015 06:57 PM
    Huh? You don't. I simply use the lollipop theme on Nova and use my normal widgets.
    05-15-2015 07:00 PM
    Huh? You don't. I simply use the lollipop theme on Nova and use my normal widgets.
    Exactly.

05-15-2015 07:02 PM
    Please go read the Weather widget thread. I apologize if my context isn't clear. FYI. I mean this in the most positively sincere way possible. I am offended by the "Huh?" that starts a great many of your replies to my posts. Never claimed to be an expert. If I ask a question, it is to learn and increase my knowledge and undestanding.
    05-15-2015 07:07 PM
    Please go read the Weather widget thread. I apologize if my context isn't clear. FYI. I mean this in the most positively sincere way possible. I am offended by the "Huh?" that starts a great many of your replies to my posts. Never claimed to be an expert. If I ask a question, it is to learn and increase my knowledge and undestanding.
    It could be worse, he could've used "lolwut??"

😁
    05-15-2015 07:46 PM
    As simply as I can put it, all Nova does is replace TW as a pure launcher but with more options and settings. Once installed and set to be your default launcher, it's up to you what you do with it, and how deep into it you get. Just like when you first get your phone, you have to set everything up with TW ... well, you have to do the same once you install Nova.

That's all you are really hearing about people downloading stuff to "customize" it.

Point being, if you want ANY widgets other than what comes on the phone, you have to DL them and set them up - same for TW or Nova ...

You want custom icons? You have to DL and install them - same for TW or Nova ...

so on and so forth.

Long story short, if you like TW and don't care about gestures, more dense home screen grids, being able to use custom made icons YOU make to replace what you see on the home screen, etc... then there is NOTHING wrong with TW.

for those of us who want either a little more or a lot more customization, well ... there are third party launchers, like Nova.
    jcp007 likes this.
    05-15-2015 07:51 PM
    As simply as I can put it, all Nova does is replace TW as a pure launcher but with more options and settings. Once installed and set to be your default launcher, it's up to you what you do with it, and how deep into it you get. Just like when you first get your phone, you have to set everything up with TW ... well, you have to do the same once you install Nova.

That's all you are really hearing about people downloading stuff to "customize" it.

Point being, if you want ANY widgets other than what comes on the phone, you have to DL them and set them up - same for TW or Nova ...

You want custom icons? You have to DL and install them - same for TW or Nova ...

so on and so forth.

Long story short, if you like TW and don't care about gestures, more dense home screen grids, being able to use custom made icons YOU make to replace what you see on the home screen, etc... then there is NOTHING wrong with TW.

for those of us who want either a little more or a lot more customization, well ... there are third party launchers, like Nova.
    Thanks very much. Learned more about Nova and what makes it attractive in one post. I appreciate your thorough explanation instead of the sarcasm of others.
    05-15-2015 07:55 PM
    To add to my above post ... I don't necessarily care for downloadable icon packs ... I like making my own. The ones I'm using now are all 100% made by me ... Seeing as how I don't know how to make actual "icons", I have made these as "images" and can replace the app shortcuts on my home screens with the image/icons I made myself - using Nova of course.

All you have to do is long-press on the app icon, then it pops up a menu, one of the options is "edit". Click that, and you can choose to replace the icon, the app name, etc.

Home Screen:

Phone Screen:

Secondary Apps & Settings Screen:

jcp007, deeb215 and erasat like this.
    05-15-2015 08:00 PM
    Sorry if you were offended. I meant nothing by it.. But you say some things without explaining and I'm not sure where you're pulling the information from. If someone claims something on the forum.. You or anyone.. I'll question where it came from so I can review for myself. It's the best way to learn .
    05-15-2015 08:47 PM
    Sorry if you were offended. I meant nothing by it.. But you say some things without explaining and I'm not sure where you're pulling the information from. If someone claims something on the forum.. You or anyone.. I'll question where it came from so I can review for myself. It's the best way to learn .
    I will try to be more clear going forward.
    05-15-2015 08:59 PM
    Ive just give back from Nova to stock because my phone was lagging horribly. It seems to be okay again now.

Anyone else noticed Nova causing slow down? Particularly in the app picker

05-16-2015 04:58 AM
88 1234