06-16-2015 07:03 PM
88 123 ...
tools
    Lately I've been bored and more curious about giving Nova launcher a try just to change things up a bit. Once I download it, I'd like to hit the ground running with icon packs, gestures and whatever other goodies it may offer. I notice a lot of you are familiar with it. What I'd like to know is will some of you show/tell me your favorite icon packs(app drawer screenshots if you like), tell me your favorite gestures, add-ons, or simply any Nova feature that's become a must have for you, and even bugs with it on the S6. If you have an alternative you feel is better at doing some things feel free to share those also. Thanks in advance.
    05-13-2015 04:52 PM
    Lately I've been bored and more curious about giving Nova launcher a try just to change things up a bit. Once I download it, I'd like to hit the ground running with icon packs, gestures and whatever other goodies it may offer. I notice a lot of you are familiar with it. What I'd like to know is will some of you show/tell me your favorite icon packs(app drawer screenshots if you like), tell me your favorite gestures, add-ons, or simply any Nova feature that's become a must have for you, and even bugs with it on the S6. If you have an alternative you feel is better at doing some things feel free to share those also. Thanks in advance.
    Favorite Gestures -

1. Swipe Down = Expand Notifications
    2. Double Tap = Launch Play Store App
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-13-2015 05:05 PM
    My favorite gesture would be a Swipe Up to open the app drawer. That way you have more room on the dock for an extra app instead of having a dedicated app drawer icon. If you like to keep things minimal on the homescreen, you can also assign a swipe gesture to an app icon on the dock or desktop so it can open a different app or shortcut. This is enabled by holding down on an app icon > Edit > select your swipe action.
    deeb215 and drone3 like this.
    05-13-2015 05:37 PM
    I recommend that you join nova launcher in the Google+ forums.

Posted via the Android Central App
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-13-2015 05:44 PM
    Swipe gestures don't work for me. And I bought the Prime version

05-13-2015 06:42 PM
    Does the clock and calendar icon work on Nova?
    05-13-2015 07:04 PM
    Does the clock and calendar icon work on Nova?
    Yes.....

deeb215 likes this.
    05-13-2015 07:10 PM
    Yes.....

Cool. Gonna wait and see how OTA update from today and the 5.1.1 Lollipop update affect my device.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-13-2015 07:16 PM
    i use nova with click UI icon pack.

for gestures i use swipe down for quick search apps.
    05-13-2015 07:27 PM
    Been using Nova with the Velur icon pack since my days with an M7. Gestures: swipe up for the app drawer, swipe down to expand notifications and double tap to search apps.

Attached Thumbnails On the fence for Nova...-1349.jpg   On the fence for Nova...-1350.jpg  
    jcp007, deeb215, mari dub and 1 others like this.
    05-13-2015 07:32 PM
    My favorite gesture would be a Swipe Up to open the app drawer. That way you have more room on the dock for an extra app instead of having a dedicated app drawer icon.
    That is awesome. Thank you.
    05-13-2015 07:58 PM
    i use nova with click UI icon pack.

for gestures i use swipe down for quick search apps.
    Those are nice I love circular icons. If you put a few together in a folder does the circles overlap?
    05-13-2015 08:50 PM
    Those are some really nice folders.
    05-13-2015 08:51 PM
    Those are nice I love circular icons. If you put a few together in a folder does the circles overlap?
    Folders are very customizable. From how the icons stack, to color, shape and transparency. Is very versatile.

deeb215 likes this.
    05-13-2015 09:02 PM
    Nova with Bubbles Theme, I simply love the looks, and when you combine it with customizing your folders looks, you can do wonders.

On the fence for Nova...-screenshot_2015-05-13-22-08-14.png

Hints : Use swipe action in folders to open apps, plus use the swipe down gesture to Expand Notifications, this helps a lot for a one hand use, plus I use swipe up for Google App, so I can get rid of the widget using precious space. Also, Double Tap I use it to open Camera, I know we have Double Home Tap, but common sense tells me that the more we use the Home button the faster it can get damaged, so if I can prevent that with the same action, Double tap, but in the screen instead, I think it's better in the long run.
    jcp007, deeb215 and chriscesnik like this.
    05-13-2015 09:13 PM
    FYI: Nova just updated on my phone to v4.0. All the functionality is back with Nova (Prime) now ... all gestures working ... whole new material look for the app (lollipop look, much cleaner) ... I HIGHLY recommend Nova to ANYONE who is looking for an alternate launcher.

Now, if they can just get Tesla Unread working again with the stock email app, I'd be SOOOOOO happy.

I have to use an email app that's ok with Exchange servers, and I kinda like the stock Samsung mail app ... but the true unread count isn't working yet with Lollipop on the S6 (though it works on my S4 w/ the crippled lollipop update).
    05-13-2015 09:31 PM
    FYI: Nova just updated on my phone to v4.0. All the functionality is back with Nova (Prime) now ... all gestures working ... whole new material look for the app (lollipop look, much cleaner) ... I HIGHLY recommend Nova to ANYONE who is looking for an alternate launcher.

Now, if they can just get Tesla Unread working again with the stock email app, I'd be SOOOOOO happy.

I have to use an email app that's ok with Exchange servers, and I kinda like the stock Samsung mail app ... but the true unread count isn't working yet with Lollipop on the S6 (though it works on my S4 w/ the crippled lollipop update).
    The tesla works on the note. I use the stock email for school emails and it works fine. Maybe the haven't updated for the s6 yet?
    05-13-2015 09:35 PM
    The tesla works on the note. I use the stock email for school emails and it works fine. Maybe the haven't updated for the s6 yet?
    No, it works on the s6.

05-13-2015 09:38 PM
    I dont know enough about programming to be able to really answer that, or have a true opinion. All I know is that I can set the Tesla Unread app to add a badge to the email app icon when it sees a notification pop-up in the notification bar up top. But it's not giving me a true "unread emails" count like it does on my S4. Right now, I have plenty of unread emails in my samsung email app (work email), and the icon is "blank", no badge.

My stock messaging program works fine with badges ... as does my gmail app, and others. It's just the stock email app that's not doing it yet.

The only reason it drives me crazy is because I will read emails, then leave them as "unread" if I need to follow up on them later. Having that badge there is a good reminder that I need to address some emails. Not having the badge, I sometimes forget to go back and look at my unread emails to see if I have business to take care of ...
    05-13-2015 09:40 PM
    No, it works on the s6.

you get a true unread count badge on the S6 using the stock email app?
    05-13-2015 09:40 PM
    Swipe gestures don't work for me. And I bought the Prime version

You'll have to update to the newest version of Nova to get Gestures working again.

For icon packs, Nova comes with a built in "Lollipop" icon pack that's decent and I also really like the "Moonshine - Icon Pack" in the Play store.

#sprintemployee
    05-13-2015 09:42 PM
    I went with the Notro icon pack. I picked a dark wallpaper since I love the black and white minimal look. Looks really nice on the AMOLED display. On the fence for Nova...-uploadfromtaptalk1431571523192.jpg
    deeb215 and xocomaox like this.
    05-13-2015 09:45 PM
    I use swipe up to open Google Now and I use double-tap to open Application Manager.
    05-14-2015 10:48 AM
    I just installed it (I have prime) so going to try it out. Haven't tried it on the S6 yet.
    05-14-2015 11:26 AM
    I just edited my post above, but for those of you that already read it and won't go back and the others that just don't go back to read, I'm double posting here some ideas on how to use the gestures on Nova.

Hints : Use swipe action in folders to open apps, plus use the swipe down gesture to Expand Notifications, this helps a lot for a one hand use, plus I use swipe up for Google App, so I can get rid of the widget using precious space. Also, Double Tap I use it to open Camera, I know we have Double Home Tap, but common sense tells me that the more we use the Home button the faster it can get damaged, so if I can prevent that with the same action, Double tap, but in the screen instead, I think it's better in the long run.
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-14-2015 12:22 PM
88 123 ...