Every night I leave my S6 on the wireless charger, in the morning its always around 90% full, and not charging. Does the wireless charging take it up to 100% then stop charging, not even doing a trickle charge?

This is kind of annoying.
    05-13-2015 08:55 PM
    My OEM wireless charging pad works just fine. No discharge while on the pad.
    05-13-2015 09:01 PM
    You wake up to it at 90% because the samsung wireless charging pad (the round one ) has a feature when the phones at 100% it will automatically disconnect your phone to prevent over charging

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-14-2015 05:05 AM
    The OEM round wireless charger has a defect that it cannot turn itself on and off the maintain the charge between 98 and 100%.

The cheap Duracell Powermats that I bought from Amazon work perfectly. Always near 100% in the morning.

Samsung should fix the chargers
    05-14-2015 09:31 AM
    Pretty sure the OEM chargers are working as designed so nothing really to fix. More then likely Samsung cuts off the charge at 100% in an effort to not cause any damage to the battery. My phone heats up when on the wireless charger, the wall charger does not seem to do this, and heat is always bad for a battery. Plus turning the charge on an off when it drops a few percent might strain the battery or the parts in the phone that are used for the wireless charging.

Personally I only use the wireless charger for top ups at the office. At night for a full charge it goes into the wall charger.
    05-14-2015 09:42 AM
    I have the TechMatte Qi charger ... $23 from Amazon Prime ... works flawlessly. Every morning my phone is at 100%, as it should be.

In fact, I just ordered another one to keep at the office.
    05-14-2015 09:43 AM
    Pretty sure the OEM chargers are working as designed so nothing really to fix. More then likely Samsung cuts off the charge at 100% in an effort to not cause any damage to the battery. My phone heats up when on the wireless charger, the wall charger does not seem to do this, and heat is always bad for a battery. Plus turning the charge on an off when it drops a few percent might strain the battery or the parts in the phone that are used for the wireless charging.

Personally I only use the wireless charger for top ups at the office. At night for a full charge it goes into the wall charger.
    You have to make sure that the alignment is precise.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-14-2015 09:47 AM
    You have to make sure that the alignment is precise.
    I haven't used the OEM wireless charger ... but if the above it correct, you have to admit that's pretty sad that the charger pad is that finicky that you have to put the phone perfectly on there. The charger I have is a rectangular pad that is nearly the exact size of the phone ... and it's not all that picky about placement, and it works perfectly 100% of the time so far.

To ME, that's how ALL these chargers should work. It shouldn't be some precision action required deal to make it work right. You should just be able to drop it on there pretty close to "center" and have it do it's thing.
    05-14-2015 09:55 AM
    I haven't used the OEM wireless charger ... but if the above it correct, you have to admit that's pretty sad that the charger pad is that finicky that you have to put the phone perfectly on there. The charger I have is a rectangular pad that is nearly the exact size of the phone ... and it's not all that picky about placement, and it works perfectly 100% of the time so far.

To ME, that's how ALL these chargers should work. It shouldn't be some precision action required deal to make it work right. You should just be able to drop it on there pretty close to "center" and have it do it's thing.
    Not finicky. LED assists. No offense but it has to be pretty goofy proof if I can use it.

05-14-2015 10:24 AM
    Not finicky. LED assists. No offense but it has to be pretty goofy proof if I can use it.
    No offense taken. I was just going off your statement that the phone "alignment has to be precise" on the charger pad to avoid the situation of the charger cutting off when the phone first reaches 100% charge.
    05-14-2015 10:36 AM

Either way I think Wiggum is saying they could have built it better to not require a perfect placement to work. I know with my charging pad I can just drop it on it .. Perfect or not .. and the charge initiates.
    05-14-2015 03:26 PM
    Yeah I place it no problem and it charges fine, I just think that's pretty asinine to design it that way. At night is the only time I see the wireless charging being useful, if I want to top off my battery i'm going to use the quick charger not the slow wireless pad.
    05-14-2015 03:46 PM
    Either way I think Wiggum is saying they could have built it better to not require a perfect placement to work. I know with my charging pad I can just drop it on it .. Perfect or not .. and the charge initiates.
    Yup! Same here. Plop and go!

05-14-2015 04:03 PM
    It is pretty goofy. The LED lights up and the lightning bolt appears in the battery icon. Not much harder than that.

05-14-2015 04:43 PM
    It is pretty goofy. The LED lights up and the lightning bolt appears in the battery icon. Not much harder than that.

Just saying .. if you have to lay it perfect every time to get that it could be annoying (especially for the price Samsung charges for it). I personally like my drop and walk away routine -- no need to look for either a LED or lightning bolt. I know it will charge.. unless I miss the pad completely haha .
    05-14-2015 04:46 PM
    Just saying .. if you have to lay it perfect every time to get that it could be annoying (especially for the price Samsung charges for it). I personally like my drop and walk away routine -- no need to look for either a LED or lightning bolt. I know it will charge.. unless I miss the pad completely haha .
    It could also be a faulty pad. It's still under warranty. Take it back and get a new one. If the issue persists, it could be a phone issue in which case, try to figure out. Ask someone in the forum or call tech support.
    05-15-2015 12:59 PM
    It could also be a faulty pad. It's still under warranty. Take it back and get a new one. If the issue persists, it could be a phone issue in which case, try to figure out. Ask someone in the forum or call tech support.
    Definitely sounds like a lot of work. It is cool if yours works .. I am just saying the pad I bought is cheaper and doesn't ever have this issue of having to be perfect .. others in the forum and people at my work also agree they don't have this issue.
    05-15-2015 01:19 PM
    Definitely sounds like a lot of work. It is cool if yours works .. I am just saying the pad I bought is cheaper and doesn't ever have this issue of having to be perfect .. others in the forum and people at my work also agree they don't have this issue.
    It's not about being perfect. It's figuring things out by process of elimination. At the end of the day, buy whatever works and fits within your budget. I am never going to compel anyone to think a certain way. Conversely, my response to a post is just an opinion and not a royal edict. That's what's great about a forum. Everyone has the right to express their opinions within the confines of forum rules and to exchange ideas without mutual assured, nuclear destruction. Not offended btw and my comment is meant with utmost respect and sincerity.
    05-15-2015 02:02 PM

This is exactly what I do. I have a Samsung wireless charger and I keep it at the office. Frankly, worked charging is rubbish imo; slow, unreliable, and not suitable for overnight charging (although it's interesting that the duracell mat doesn't behave like the Samsung one, makes you wonder why)

05-17-2015 03:26 AM
    Pretty much ALL of the other brand wireless charging pads work fine. Its just Samsungs that has a defective design.
    05-17-2015 05:16 PM
    Pretty much ALL of the other brand wireless charging pads work fine. Its just Samsungs that has a defective design.
    Mine works just fine. Broad generalization to conclude a defect in the design.
    05-17-2015 08:03 PM
    A charging pad that cannot keep a phone charged or have it ready to go in the morning when you pick it up to leave for work is a defective design in my world. And judging from the large number of complaints about it, for many others as well.

Very good thing they were free. Its worth about what I paid for it. If I had actually plunked down the $50 asking price, they would have been returned long ago.
    05-18-2015 08:30 AM
    A charging pad that cannot keep a phone charged or have it ready to go in the morning when you pick it up to leave for work is a defective design in my world. And judging from the large number of complaints about it, for many others as well.

Very good thing they were free. Its worth about what I paid for it. If I had actually plunked down the $50 asking price, they would have been returned long ago.
    I couldn't agree more.

That said, my Techmatte Qi charger is great ... and charging is relatively fast. Honestly, it's maybe only a hair slower than a normal plug-in charger. I have it by my bed and wake up every morning w/ a 100% charged phone.
    05-18-2015 08:44 AM