Any way to disable the "charge complete" sound, etc?

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I thought I saw a similar thread before, but I went back 8 pages and couldn't find it, so sorry if this is kind-of a duplicate...

I have my phone charging on my Qi charger on my bedside table overnight. Tasker sets it to "Do Not Disturb" (Priority) mode automatically. That's good...I don't get any email/txt/etc alerts sent to me at night.

However, it seems like with wireless charging the phone charges to 100% and then emits a tone and the screen comes on. Since it's wireless, the Qi pad "disconnects" and the phone starts to slowly drain battery again. At some point (I haven't figured it out yet), the pad or phone decides to charge again to "top up". This then causes a repeat of the tone & screen-on event.

It sounds trivial, but it's waking me up multiple times a night - every night.

Is there any setting (maybe even with Xposed, if that does not require root) to disable the notification of "charging complete"???

Thanks in advance,
AJ

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
That's odd. I use tasker and it works great but I do use do not disturb on its own and I don't get the audible at night.
I thought I saw a similar thread before, but I went back 8 pages and couldn't find it, so sorry if this is kind-of a duplicate...

I have my phone charging on my Qi charger on my bedside table overnight. Tasker sets it to "Do Not Disturb" (Priority) mode automatically. That's good...I don't get any email/txt/etc alerts sent to me at night.

However, it seems like with wireless charging the phone charges to 100% and then emits a tone and the screen comes on. Since it's wireless, the Qi pad "disconnects" and the phone starts to slowly drain battery again. At some point (I haven't figured it out yet), the pad or phone decides to charge again to "top up". This then causes a repeat of the tone & screen-on event.

It sounds trivial, but it's waking me up multiple times a night - every night.

Is there any setting (maybe even with Xposed, if that does not require root) to disable the notification of "charging complete"???

Thanks in advance,
AJ

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I will test tonight with the phone's DND settings and use the timed-enable to double-check.

I use Tasker (in a bunch of ways, but specifically for this) to only enable DND when it's in a time-range AND the phone is charging (so I assume it's on my bedside table charging).

Thanks for the reply.

-AJ

Johnhockey13

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I have DND enabled and it still occurs. This happened with a previous phone, a WP Nokia and it was a bug and fixed. In my eyes, this should be bug in the Samsung software and also get fixed. It does not do this when plugged in!!!

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
If anyone knows the right email/form for Samsung support to enhance the settings (to disable this behavior) or to fix this, if it's a bug, I would be most appreciative. I have no probs sending them a bug report.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Maybe, and because it's waking me up in the middle of the night I'm not 100% sure, the sound and "screen on" happens when it re-starts charging each time? I could be mistaken that it occurs when charging is complete, but rather it occurs as the phone repeatedly cycles through draining battery enough to restart charging wirelessly?

I should make sure I know exactly when it's happening before filing a report. Does anyone know exactly what's happening according to my description of the problem?

Thanks again,
AJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol