If your on the fence...get it!

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I know I was on the 'do I really need a new phone' fence coming from a S4 that in all fairness functioned perfectly fine for every day use.

I must say however, thanks to this forum I was talked into it and albeit I'd consider myself a regular user (work email, Gmail, Hangouts, some browsing, blogs, etc.) not necessarily a 'power user' pushing this device to its brinks I must say it's fantastic in my opinion.

The speed alone coming from a loaded up S4 to a clean, fresh start S6 has been phenomenal. The new OS is wonderful in my opinion. Plenty of neat features, etc. My suggestion, load Nova Launcher first thing and you'll never look back.

So I must say Android nation...thank you!

Posted via the Android Central App

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention this is the first phone I've placed a tempered glass protector on and it looks beautiful on the device and functions as smooth as butter. Now I understand all the hype behind these glass protectors. Worth the investment easily. I'd never go back to a plastic protector again. Fingerprints while still there at times also wipe away in a cinch.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Now if I could just get someone to purchase my pristine S4...lol ??????

Glad you're enjoying your device. What version did you get? There are a number of places to sell your device like Gazelle. Don't forget to disable bloat. Disable the Briefing tab. Adjust developer options to 0.5.

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Glad u liking touchwiz and Samsung. I would get one now if i wasn't enjoying this phone right now lol.

Sent from my LG Optimus F60 on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

Solitude1984

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, if it wasn't for the average battery, I would have purchased it already. As it stands right now, I may wait for the Note. It's a shame.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, if it wasn't for the average battery, I would have purchased it already. As it stands right now, I may wait for the Note. It's a shame.

The battery is nothing special, but the quick charging is unbelievable!

dreaming of electric sheep

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Not everyone is experiencing an "average" battery. If nothing else, more people are reporting even better battery performance after the recent OTA. The GS6 battery is doing much better than you would expect, better than or comparable to some larger ones.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It'd be hard for me to recommend the phone to everyone. I think if you use your phone a lot, the battery life may be an issue for you. Also if you're a purist and prefer things close to what Google's guidelines are, then this probably isn't the phone for you. IMO if you need to install a launcher to the phone, then it's already failed on it's UI. I'm running Google Now launcher and there's no way I could go to using Touchwiz full time. It's just atrocious to me.

Though if you're after a great screen and camera, it has that. The phone to me is a surprising mixed bag. Some things about the S6 I really like and others I really don't.

I don't think anyone would really be disappointed with the phone if they purchased it, but I think people who value certain aspects of a phone very high may have issues with it. However I'm always reluctant to recommend things because things I value in a phone may not be what others value, or things they value I may not care about.

I'd like Samsung to focus more on the software with the S7. Really push hard to make the next Touchwiz a really great UI to use.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
It'd be hard for me to recommend the phone to everyone. I think if you use your phone a lot, the battery life may be an issue for you. Also if you're a purist and prefer things close to what Google's guidelines are, then this probably isn't the phone for you. IMO if you need to install a launcher to the phone, then it's already failed on it's UI. I'm running Google Now launcher and there's no way I could go to using Touchwiz full time. It's just atrocious to me.

Though if you're after a great screen and camera, it has that. The phone to me is a surprising mixed bag. Some things about the S6 I really like and others I really don't.

I don't think anyone would really be disappointed with the phone if they purchased it, but I think people who value certain aspects of a phone very high may have issues with it.

I'd like Samsung to focus more on the software with the S7. Really push hard to make the next Touchwiz a really great UI to use.

Nice write up. I agree. The s6 is nice but it is only a way to fill 3 to 6 months for me. Love the camera, its the best. Battery gets me through the day but its close. I'm looking at the Z4 and the next nexus..the small one. Never been a Samsung fan but this edge is very nice, just doesn't seem very permanent. Like it but yes, touchwiz blows and it always will. The Samsung part is better hidden but rears is stuttering head every now and then. Then there are the themes...what a joke. Thank god for nova but even the great nova is only a blanket over crappy tw.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Not everyone is experiencing an "average" battery. If nothing else, more people are reporting even better battery performance after the recent OTA. The GS6 battery is doing much better than you would expect, better than or comparable to some larger ones.

I am one of them. The battery life I am getting is nothing short of amazing. Best I've experienced in a smartphone. I have found nothing yet that I don't like and I've had it since launch and use it hard daily.

Enjoy it op, it's a helluva device!

EDIT: I do also agree with prior posters on TW. Not a fan. But Nova launcher is awesome.

tgs3838

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Reading all the reviews and post on this forum worried me about battery life. But so far I think its great. At least compared to my last phone,The S4. I wouldnt call myself a power user I guess. Really it changes day to day for me. So far Ive never had it run out on me. And i usually get an easy 4+ hours of screen time. Today has been somewhat of a slow day for me. Its been off the charger for almost 15 hours. Ive only had 2.5 hours of Screen time. But i still have 40% battery left. Of course its different for everyone. But I cant complain.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I am one of them. The battery life I am getting is nothing short of amazing. Best I've experienced in a smartphone. I have found nothing yet that I don't like and I've had it since launch and use it hard daily.

Enjoy it op, it's a helluva device!

Oh I think the battery life on the s6 is nothing short of amazing for how small it is. And I think that Samsung has set the bar for all future androids with the s6. I'm just not a big Samsung fan but like I said in the past they have nailed it with this one.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Reading all the reviews and post on this forum worried me about battery life. But so far I think its great. At least compared to my last phone,The S4. I wouldnt call myself a power user I guess. Really it changes day to day for me. So far Ive never had it run out on me. And i usually get an easy 4+ hours of screen time. Today has been somewhat of a slow day for me. Its been off the charger for almost 15 hours. Ive only had 2.5 hours of Screen time. But i still have 40% battery left. Of course its different for everyone. But I cant complain.
Came from the GS4 as well. This is by far the best smartphone I have owned hands down. Been over a month now. Best, future proof device decision ever.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

What constitutes poor battery performance?

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying your device. What version did you get? There are a number of places to sell your device like Gazelle. Don't forget to disable bloat. Disable the Briefing tab. Adjust developer options to 0.5.

Ended up going with the 64GB in Gold and couldn't be happier!

Old device is currently listed on swappa, hoping I get some bites in the next few days lol.

How do I disable the briefing tab? Also I put the three developer options to off. Would I see a noticeable difference between 0.5 and off?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

I seriously think it's relative if you're coming from the Z3, the S6 battery is pretty average. The thing is, once you have used a phone that lasts all day with your required usage anything less is average, there's no way around it, you know too much.

dreaming of electric sheep

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Old device is currently listed on swappa, hoping I get some bites in the next few days lol.

How do I disable the briefing tab? Also I put the three developer options to off. Would I see a noticeable difference between 0.5 and off?

Long press or pinch the homescreen, there should be a box above it, just uncheck it.

As far as developer options, probably not unless you are really noticing, try it both ways and go with what works best for you.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Not getting through the day. Everyone has a different situation with the GS6. Some are suffering from the Lollipop issues and carrier issues as well as possible device issues. Hopefully, with the next update, these issues will be mitigated and those with these issues should see an improvement in battery life if not already from the recent OTA updates assuming their carrier rolled one out. Battery size specs aren't necessarily the gold standard for whose flagship device will top the charts.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I wanted the gold platinum but I preordered from Best Buy and they couldn't find the SKU for it. I am happy with the black sapphire but I really wanted the free OEM wireless charger.