For anyone on Sprint, there's a software update available that supposedly helps with the frequently dropped calls issue. You can get it by going into system settings - system update - update now.

I am one of those that is experiencing terrible reception/dropped calls so fingers crossed this helps but some are already reporting that it is not.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/com...ambassadors#!/
    05-15-2015 08:21 AM
    This has been out for a while
    05-15-2015 08:45 AM
    From what I've seen, it looks like it came out only this week. I haven't seen any posts on AC about it, maybe I just missed it. Had I seen a post here I would have downloaded it earlier. Just thought there could be others that didn't yet know about it, that's all.
    05-15-2015 08:49 AM
    When I try to manually download the new update for the S6, I get an error, “Unable to update the software. A network or server error occurred. Please try again later." This happens over wifi and LTE. The last date the system checked for updates is 5/10, which means it hasn't worked for days. I've updated Profile and PRL and still just get the error message.
    05-15-2015 09:07 AM
    When I try to manually download the new update for the S6, I get an error, “Unable to update the software. A network or server error occurred. Please try again later." This happens over wifi and LTE. The last date the system checked for updates is 5/10, which means it hasn't worked for days. I've updated Profile and PRL and still just get the error message.
    Others on that sprint forum I posted above have also experienced that. Sprint moderators said to make sure you were on wifi to download the update and if you continue to have the problem that you should visit a Sprint Store (prob not the answer you were looking for).

I had no problems downloading and installing the update. Can't say yet whether or not it's made a difference.
    05-15-2015 09:11 AM
    Others on that sprint forum I posted above have also experienced that. Sprint moderators said to make sure you were on wifi to download the update and if you continue to have the problem that you should visit a Sprint Store (prob not the answer you were looking for).

I had no problems downloading and installing the update. Can't say yet whether or not it's made a difference.
    Doesn't just apply to carrier. Any update or patch should be downloaded via wifi.
    05-15-2015 02:56 PM
    Customer service claims that the update is being rolled out regionally, and if it's not available to you in your region, you will get bounced out if you manually check. That does explain why the last auto update check was 5/10, the day before the update went live.

I'll just wait for the auto update to get it for me. If it's not there by next week, I'll have to request a warranty replacement.

This is where Kies was handy, but from what I've read, Kies can no longer do updates by wire on the S6.
    05-15-2015 03:26 PM
    Doesn't just apply to carrier. Any update or patch should be downloaded via wifi.
    Huh? The carriers want you to use wifi because it doesn't use their bandwidth and because downloading via data doesn't go against your data allowance if you have one. That is the only reason.

Just about every update I've gotten has been by data. Usually because I'm waiting to get loaded at work and can't wait till i get home. Never have had a problem. ....not even downloading lollipop on my note 3.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2015 04:33 PM
    Huh? The carriers want you to use wifi because it doesn't use their bandwidth and because downloading via data doesn't go against your data allowance if you have one. That is the only reason.

Good to know. Wasn't sure why. Thanks.
    05-15-2015 04:36 PM
    Good to know. Wasn't sure why. Thanks.
    No problem. But you're right though that it is better to do it via wifi as it's more stable and less chance of it borking something up.

But if you have a good strong signal, there's no reason to use only wifi. Using data costs the carrier money. ...not you.

05-15-2015 04:42 PM
    its not a sprint problem... I have a tablet without an internet provider and its having the same issue.... this sucks... Its a Samsung T21OR
    12-02-2015 10:46 PM