I was wanting to see if this changes the battery life but i am not able to uninstall the apps on my AT&T S6? Any suggestions?
    05-15-2015 03:21 PM
    If you can't uninstall them because they're a part of the system apps (I'm guessing either Samsung or your carrier added them as such), you should be able to disable them. That won't free up the space they're taking, but will prevent them from doing anything at all, thus saving battery if they were 'using' any before.
    05-15-2015 03:24 PM
    Can you tell me if i can expect to see better battery? I recall reading somewhere that it would help but was not sure.
    05-15-2015 03:32 PM
    It depends, really, on if you used the app. The Facebook app was buggy a few weeks ago and for a few months before that (at one point it WAS a severe battery drainer), but since the last couple updates, my battery has been pretty much the same with or without Facebook. If you don't use the app, though, uninstalling or disabling it shouldn't make that much of a difference, really. But again, if you don't use it, just disable it, you won't miss it.
    05-15-2015 03:42 PM
    I do use the app, i was just under the impression that the app would drain my battery more then me just going on the mobile version of the website. I get through the whole day now but was just curious if it would improve my battery life at all.
    05-15-2015 03:45 PM
    Oh, OK. If you do use the app, then it might make a difference. Also, if you want to continue using the app, check your Sync settings. Don't make it sync notifications on intervals (1 hour is the default), turn them off. Notifications will still come through as push, but if you set an interval, every hour it's checking for notifications, even though it's receiving them in push sync as well. And again, if you have one of the buggy situations, it would drain your battery, but it would also appear very high in the list of battery users in your phone's report.

You can try it for a couple days and compare. Disable them, use Facebook through the webpage, and compare your battery life before and after. As long as your usage remains similar, I don't expect you to see much difference, but sometimes a few minutes of extra battery CAN make a difference.
    kyle.brown likes this.
    05-15-2015 03:49 PM
    haha to true. Thanks for all your help.
    05-15-2015 03:52 PM