Display Problems

precon22

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
So I was reading anandtechs review on the galaxy s6 and I came across the display section if their review and had a chance to see a defect that I just found out i have, not it only shows up in very bright light, outside mainly but its there, see the picture below I was curious if anyone else has this, my other s6 also has this issue as well wanted to know if its widespread. Here is the link to it as well Display - The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge Review

7a6ce7a57c3d8587d3c96592fce82d23.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
More than a defect, it's an inherent 'flaw' of AMOLED displays. Some black pixels are darker than others. And yes, it should only be apparent if you look at it under direct lighting but shouldn't make a difference when actually displaying an image. If it bothers you (and since this is a new phone) you can try to get it exchanged, but not sure if they'd do since this isn't a defect per se.

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have had 3 and they all do it. It happen when the screen gets extra bright under direct sun light. When it first happen I was like this sucks but you can really on,y see it on white screens, either way it still sucks that it happens at all...

precon22

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Well my new one does it but very faintly almost not at all, not as detailed as my previous ones. But sad I had to send back my replacement replacement s6 because the home button was very bad and rattled and loose