New S6 User

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Just got my S6... Upgraded from a S5 when I changed to MTS from Telus (MTS has unlimited data right now so jumped on it)

Love this phone. Feels amazing in my hands. The S5 did too but really like this phone. :)

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S6

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got my S6... Upgraded from a S5 when I changed to MTS from Telus (MTS has unlimited data right now so jumped on it)

Love this phone. Feels amazing in my hands. The S5 did too but really like this phone. :)

Glad you're enjoying it.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday also. First thing I did was read erastats post about battery life and did everything on that post. Loving this phone so much but my battery isn't so hot. Hopefully it sorts itself out after a few charge cycles. I loved the s5 also.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday also. First thing I did was read erastats post about battery life and did everything on that post. Loving this phone so much but my battery isn't so hot. Hopefully it sorts itself out after a few charge cycles. I loved the s5 also.

Has your carrier pushed out an update? If so, apply it and let us know.

ceddie

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Currently happy with my S4 after reading the reviews and the specs of the S6 I'm glad I didn't rush out and buy one. Without the option to upgrade the memory storage I should of stuck with my IPhone. Hopefully Samsung will go back with the removable SD card feature in the S7 this year. For now my S4 is going strong and I'm holding on to it as long as possible..

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Can't imagine Samsung going back bar a massive lack of sales, but that's a good thing in my opinion. I chose the 64gb model myself and that should be fine. I had an S6 before this and the SD card was a total pain frankly.

Posted via the Android Central App

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Has your carrier pushed out an update? If so, apply it and let us know.

I have verizon so unless it already had it on it when I bought it, there wasn't one. I read on XDA about with verizon, if you flash the stock image with ODIN, it helps the standby and operating system drain. Which are my top 2.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have verizon so unless it already had it on it when I bought it, there wasn't one. I read on XDA about with verizon, if you flash the stock image with ODIN, it helps the standby and operating system drain. Which are my top 2.
Would that not invalidate the warranty on the deivce?

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It's the official Samsung stock image so it won't trip Knox or anything. They said it may say custom till u power off and on the device. I haven't tried it yet tho.

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm with MTS in Canada. I didn't get an update but my sisters boyfriend who got a 64gb edge from them last week said he got an update ..

I have the 64gb normal S6. Love it.

With the unlimited data I'm not worried about space in my phone. I have a boatload of cloud storage (1.1 TB with one drive). Also use Spotify a lot (was premium for the offline mode.. Tossed that lol).

Will check if there's an update