11-24-2016 07:21 AM
39 12
tools
    I agree! I don't need a nanny to protect me from deleting emails. There has to be a better way. Is there not a way to connect phone to laptop and access emails/files to delete? They sure don't protect you from deleting all your photos in an album! One accidental touch of the delete key and all your pictures are G-O-N-E! I guess they think emails are more important than pictures.....???
    03-08-2016 07:44 PM
    Select all is just one reason I went to K9. K9 just works better and has other features you might find useful. Another way to do a mass delete is to just delete the data. You will have to reinstall your accounts, but solves the deletion problem.
    03-09-2016 06:44 AM
    Responses misses the point. I will not buy another Samsung because "Big Daddy" doesn't need to make that decision for me. Had in the past, it is a huge benefit. Please help Samsung listen to consumer feedback for a change.
    03-09-2016 06:51 AM
    I just downloaded the K-9 email app. It seems to work well, allows multiple accounts and has a "select all" function for mass deletions
    03-10-2016 03:06 PM
    me either! I just had my S4 die and got an S6, was dismayed to find i have to delete email individually? Like going back to windows XP! why go backward?
    04-13-2016 02:48 PM
    Just use the K9 FREE email program. No big deal. It is much better than the default program and did I mention that it is FREE?
    anon(9888229) likes this.
    04-13-2016 03:33 PM
    thanks i may do so.
    04-13-2016 03:51 PM
    I have a Sumsung J5 and I just removed all my old mail from my inbox.
    Go to the provider server of your mail and delete all mail from there.
    The old mail on your phone delete them self
    06-15-2016 03:31 AM
    Easy fix guys, and you can do it on your S6. Long press on any email, check all the ones that you want to delete, then press delete.
    06-17-2016 06:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! There often isn't an option for this, as it is potentially dangerous--it might be better not to have a Delete All selection than to have one and accidentally delete all of your emails, including very important ones!

You're talking about the stock Email app, right? What are you using as an email provider? If it uses an IMAP server, then the emails shouldn't be taking up physical space on your phone's storage, since they're essentially read from the IMAP server. If it's a POP3 server, then the phone actually downloads the emails to your phone, which can take up storage. If you're worried about your storage space and if your email provider has an IMAP server, then use that instead.
    Then how do I keep from getting over a thousand emails in my box so I don't have to delete them one at a time. This is very inconvenient and time-consuming. Please help
    11-03-2016 09:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which email provider are you using, and do you know if you're using its IMAP or POP3 server? If it's IMAP, you can easily manage your inbox using your email provider's webmail portal, if you have thousands of emails in your inbox that you don't need to keep. If you keep thousands of emails in your inbox, is there a reason you don't delete them in the first place? If emails are important to keep, create separate inbox subfolders and archive the emails there. That way, they won't clog up your main inbox when your phone syncs with the email server.
    11-04-2016 04:45 PM
    I hate tech morons deciding for me what is "DANGEROUS". I will decide what is dangerous and I flat out do not need B Diddy doing it for me.
    Sorry, missed this a while back. I'm not telling anyone what to do (except when I'm taking care of them as a patient ). I was just trying to explain what I interpreted as the rationale.
    11-04-2016 04:50 PM
    Responses misses the point. I will not buy another Samsung because "Big Daddy" doesn't need to make that decision for me. Had in the past, it is a huge benefit. Please help Samsung listen to consumer feedback for a change.
    Is this a reference to me? Sorry, missed it a while back. Again, I'm not making any decisions here. Just trying to explain my interpretation. By all means, give your feedback to Samsung! The more they get, the more likely they'll do something in response.
    11-04-2016 04:52 PM
    Solution!!!!!!!
    Go
    Emails → More → Edit → Select all → Delete/Mark as read
    11-24-2016 07:21 AM
39 12