Just got my new S6. Black 32 gb. I'm coming from a Blackberry Z30, which was a very good phone. Good OS, loved the battery life, really liked the hub. The camera was terrible when it came to focusing. That ended up being a deal breaker for me. I was missing too many pictures due to slow focusing.

The only thing that I'm having a problem with is my qi charger, the phone won't wireless charge on my nokia DT-910 upright charger. I have charged my Z30, LG G2, and a Nexus 7 on it with no issues. The S6 won't charge though. The Nokia has NFC built in, is that affecting it?
    05-16-2015 07:17 AM
    Just got my new S6. Black 32 gb. I'm coming from a Blackberry Z30, which was a very good phone. Good OS, loved the battery life, really liked the hub. The camera was terrible when it came to focusing. That ended up being a deal breaker for me. I was missing too many pictures due to slow focusing.

The only thing that I'm having a problem with is my qi charger, the phone won't wireless charge on my nokia DT-910 upright charger. I have charged my Z30, LG G2, and a Nexus 7 on it with no issues. The S6 won't charge though. The Nokia has NFC built in, is that affecting it?
    Try turning the phone sideways. Some have said they had to do this using the tylt view qi charger.

The coils are near the bottom on the s6 and near the center on the Nokia / tylt chargers so they don't line up to make a connection.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-16-2015 04:25 PM
    Try turning the phone sideways. Some have said they had to do this using the tylt view qi charger.

The coils are near the bottom on the s6 and near the center on the Nokia / tylt chargers so they don't line up to make a connection.

That's why I like the OEM wireless charging pad. Blue LED and lightning bolt icon and you're good to go.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-16-2015 05:03 PM

I use the same charger at work for my S6. I just velcroed a piece of 3/4"-1" foam to the base and rest the phone horizontally on it, and it charges fine.

Actually the wireless charging coils are more towards the center in the S6. There's a couple teardowns out there, here's one video that shows it.
    Galaxy S6 : Tear Down and info

The coils on the DT-910 are centered as well. The S6 just doesn't line up to them when upright.
    05-16-2015 05:09 PM
    I use the same charger at work for my S6. I just velcroed a piece of 3/4"-1" foam to the base and rest the phone horizontally on it, and it charges fine.

Actually the wireless charging coils are more towards the center in the S6. There's a couple teardowns out there, here's one video that shows it.
    Galaxy S6 : Tear Down and info

The coils on the DT-910 are centered as well. The S6 just doesn't line up to them when upright.
    It might be on the s6. I know I have to place it on my choe upgraded charger more towards the bottom for it to make a connection.

05-16-2015 07:20 PM

I experimented with your advice and it works. Thanks for the input, I'll be working on the fix today.
    05-17-2015 08:02 AM