Anyone get the Smart Lock feature working?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the Smart Lock feature working on their S6? I've set mine up for my car's bluetooth connection and my home location, but neither seems to work. This feature is suppose to turn off the lock screen when I'm connected to my car's bluetooth or at home, but the lock screen still seems to be active and require my fingerprint no matter how long I'm in the car or at home. Just curious if anyone has been able to get this great feature working.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the Smart Lock feature working on their S6? I've set mine up for my car's bluetooth connection and my home location, but neither seems to work. This feature is suppose to turn off the lock screen when I'm connected to my car's bluetooth or at home, but the lock screen still seems to be active and require my fingerprint no matter how long I'm in the car or at home. Just curious if anyone has been able to get this great feature working.

Smart lock doesn't get rid of the lock screen. It just makes it bypass any lock security you might have, but you still have to swipe the lock screen to get to your home screen.

And yes i have used the feature but have since disabled it. It took my phone 2 cycles to register my pioneer heat unit. What i mean is, connecting to radio once on my way to work and smart lock didn't work. But when it connected on my way home, it worked and worked every time since. But yours should work also. Just keep playing with it by removing the trusted devices and make the phone find it again.

I don't use it anymore because when i do, google services jumps from non existent battery life to using 40% of my battery giving me only 10 to 12 hours of use with little or no use. I'm hoping 5.1.1 will fix this.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't use it anymore because when i do, google services jumps from non existent battery life to using 40% of my battery giving me only 10 to 12 hours of use with little or no use. I'm hoping 5.1.1 will fix this.

That's a very interesting observation. I have high Google Play Services usage, I'll give your idea a shot.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Smart lock doesn't get rid of the lock screen. It just makes it bypass any lock security you might have, but you still have to swipe the lock screen to get to your home screen.

And yes i have used the feature but have since disabled it. It took my phone 2 cycles to register my pioneer head unit. What i mean is, connecting to radio once on my way to work and smart lock didn't work. But when it connected on my way home, it worked and worked every time since. But yours should work also. Just keep playing with it by removing the trusted devices and make the phone find it again.

I love it when go to edit a post, it creates a double post. Why dang it?

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I've found that it works about 80% of the time. Sometimes I have to use the fingerprint in a trusted location, but not often.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget to set you location settings to high accuracy as the way ther phone "knows" where you are is through you location setting. If you have it 'dumbed down' it may not realize you're at home or in the office or wherever you have it programmed to bypass the fingerprint lock screen.

Like others I find it works about 85% - 90% of the time. Once in a blue moon I have to use my fingerprint to unlock the phone while at home but it's really rare.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon