Keyboard issues

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
So I've run into a very annoying issue with the text keyboard. Sometimes, usually often, it will not register that I've hit the key. For instance I'll hit the G button and nothing will happen. I'll tap it 3 or 4 more times then it'll finally register. It does this with both the Google keyboard and the Samsung keyboard and it seems to get worse as the day goes on. A reboot helps a bit but then it just goes right back to acting up after so long.

I know it's not a issue with the touchscreen as at the start of the day it works just fine and 100% of the touches I make in the part of the screen the keyboard uses are registering. The seems to have cropped up with the last update but has anyone else seen this?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So I've run into a very annoying issue with the text keyboard. Sometimes, usually often, it will not register that I've hit the key. For instance I'll hit the G button and nothing will happen. I'll tap it 3 or 4 more times then it'll finally register. It does this with both the Google keyboard and the Samsung keyboard and it seems to get worse as the day goes on. A reboot helps a bit but then it just goes right back to acting up after so long.

I know it's not a issue with the touchscreen as at the start of the day it works just fine and 100% of the touches I make in the part of the screen the keyboard uses are registering. The seems to have cropped up with the last update but has anyone else seen this?
Clear cache partition?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Did that 3 times, just to be sure. No difference and I even downloaded swift key and it does the same thing. Only a cache clear fixes it for about 2 or 3 messages then it does the same thing.

Ugh, I really don't want to master reset over a dang keyboard issue.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Turn off the keyboard swipe. Go to keyboard setting and set swipe to none.

This seems to have helped a little bit.

Guess I'm stuck with a master reset. The phone isn't remotely usable if the keyboard misses 75% of the keys I press so hopefully that works or it's off to Samsung to get a replacement. That'll be a battle since it's not hardware issue :/

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This seems to have helped a little bit.

Guess I'm stuck with a master reset. The phone isn't remotely usable if the keyboard misses 75% of the keys I press so hopefully that works or it's off to Samsung to get a replacement. That'll be a battle since it's not hardware issue :/
Try clearing the cache partition first.

AdvCrusader

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
i've the same issue here. Sometimes i miss typing
i did factory reset, but didn't work.
What can i do to solve this?

sorry for my bad english

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member