Hi guys. new owner of a samsung s6.
    I know they are not water proof like samsung s5

I notice in my trousers/pants I have quite wide pockets. phone isn't quite covered!

Now when it rains, I'm a bit worried about rain causing issues in pocket, as the rain gets in quite easily.
    am I being paranoid here?
    05-17-2015 08:12 AM
    Mine was fine got caught in a large storm last week. Never had a phone die for rain, just use common sense: don't pull it out outside while raining.
    05-17-2015 08:15 AM
    Hi guys. new owner of a samsung s6.
    I know they are not water proof like samsung s5

I notice in my trousers/pants I have quite wide pockets. phone isn't quite covered!

Now when it rains, I'm a bit worried about rain causing issues in pocket, as the rain gets in quite easily.
    am I being paranoid here?
    Nope. Just don't jump in a pool with it still in your pocket. I doubt a rain drop or two would hurt it. If it's a concern and you don't want to go commando, the Lifeproof Frè case provides more than adequate protection.
    05-17-2015 12:57 PM
    Ive never had any issue using my phone in light rain. Of course I could see one perfectly aligned rain drop entering the right hole or crevice and potentially causing an issue. I wouldn't worry about it in your pants, but maybe stick your hand in your pocket to cover your phone if its raining? Or stick it in your bag until you get to your destination?
    jcp007 likes this.
    05-17-2015 01:26 PM
    Ive never had any issue using my phone in light rain. Of course I could see one perfectly aligned rain drop entering the right hole or crevice and potentially causing an issue. I wouldn't worry about it in your pants, but maybe stick your hand in your pocket to cover your phone if its raining? Or stick it in your bag until you get to your destination?
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-17-2015 03:46 PM
    I see what you mean guys.

I think that's what I'm worried about is a few rain drops getting in the top of my phone whilst vertical in my pocket.

Worried? Yes. A lot of money this has cost me. I think I'll always place it in my pocket with the top edge facing towards the sky instead of the bottom edge with the charger pfhat and that
    05-17-2015 06:41 PM
    I was in Bristol for the spring race this year (Many NASCAR folks started calling it the "24 Hours of Bristol" due to all the rain delays. hehe). I was caught out in several downpours with my S6 that day...couldn't avoid a little rain water on it...and never experienced any problems or lasting effects from it.
    05-17-2015 06:58 PM
    Them mofos at lifeproof won't release the phone case or just very low stock because I can't seem to catch it in stock

posted from my beautiful 64 gb galaxy s6 gold
    05-17-2015 06:59 PM
    Light water drops won't hurt. As long as it's freshwater and not salt water or chlorinated water.

As others have mentioned, if it's a concern, then maybe look into investing in a waterpoof case.
    05-17-2015 07:13 PM

Just for fun. DEFINITELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!! 25 minutes in water.
    05-19-2015 05:40 AM

Just for fun. DEFINITELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!! 25 minutes in water.
    This video makes me wonder if they actually made the phone water resistant just didn't want too put it on there due to having people complain when the phone actually got water damage and having to replace them. What do you think?
    05-19-2015 12:29 PM
    Waterprrof Phones WHENNN!!!!

I Can Be Your Hero hilarious avatar
    05-19-2015 03:38 PM
    This video makes me wonder if they actually made the phone water resistant just didn't want too put it on there due to having people complain when the phone actually got water damage and having to replace them. What do you think?
    One less reason to get the GS6 Active.
    clintw22 and player22 like this.
    05-19-2015 07:05 PM