I was pulling my hair out trying to get media audio to stay connected on my S6 and Ford Sync audio system. I tried everything until I realized I had overlooked the obvious. Media audio would not stay connected, but call audio would. You have to select Bluetooth as the input on the Sync system. Only then will it say media audio connected on the phone and music will start playing assuming you have songs on the phone. So for those having trouble with media audio, make certain Bluetooth is selected on your car audio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-17-2015 06:10 PM
    Thanks for the tip!
    05-18-2015 12:50 AM
    I was pulling my hair out trying to get media audio to stay connected on my S6 and Ford Sync audio system. I tried everything until I realized I had overlooked the obvious. Media audio would not stay connected, but call audio would. You have to select Bluetooth as the input on the Sync system. Only then will it say media audio connected on the phone and music will start playing assuming you have songs on the phone. So for those having trouble with media audio, make certain Bluetooth is selected on your car audio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Media audio all of a sudden will not toggle on my S6. I've had my Chevy Tahoe almost a year and this has never happened. It toggles for phone audio but will not allow me to toggle media audio. I'm going to double check your suggestion in the morning. I'm not exactly clear probably because I'm not using a Ford system.
    10-10-2015 11:49 PM
    Same problem with my Infiniti coup. Bluetooth for hands free will connect, but Media Audio toggles off. This just started. I've had the phone almost 20 months. This only happens with the car Bluetooth. A Bluetooth adapter in the house allows the Medio Audio to be set on.
    01-18-2017 03:19 PM