05-23-2015 10:14 AM
67 123
tools
    Options I used in the past that are not present in the Samsung Galaxy s6 include:

1. Show only contacts with phone numbers in the contacts menu.
    2. Control LED notifications beyond on and off
    3. Holding down on a text message to add the number to contacts.
    4. Cyclical scrolling through the app menu.
    5. Having a button to bring up the settings menu in an app.

I found an app that sort of fixes the issue of (2) (Although not perfectly.), but the others are just annoying changes for which I have found no fix.

I'm sure that there are many more software regressions as well. I've read about a few of them that other people are having trouble with today. All and all the ability to customize the phone is decreased over previous versions.
    For number 5, MORE might help. It is usually in the upper right hand corner.
    05-20-2015 08:53 PM
    For number 5, MORE might help. It is usually in the upper right hand corner.
    I can get to the menu in most apps, but there are a few apps I use frequently that I can't get to the menu at times when I want to without the menu button. Very frustrating.
    05-20-2015 08:58 PM
    I can get to the menu in most apps, but there are a few apps I use frequently that I can't get to the menu at times when I want to without the menu button. Very frustrating.
    Which apps for instance?
    05-20-2015 09:07 PM
    Bridge Baron is the main one. I can no longer access the menu when the score is showing since there is no menu button. I can close the score and access the menu, but that destroys the information that I wanted to access in the first place.
    05-20-2015 09:10 PM
    Bridge Baron is the main one. I can no longer access the menu when the score is showing since there is no menu button. I can close the score and access the menu, but that destroys the information that I wanted to access in the first place.
    Sorry. Thought I be able,to help but not familiar with that app.
    05-20-2015 09:18 PM
    Sorry. Thought I be able,to help but not familiar with that app.
    That's okay. Thanks for trying to help. Hopefully I can at least continue to warn others so they don't end up in the same situation I'm in.
    05-20-2015 09:59 PM
    That's okay. Thanks for trying to help. Hopefully I can at least continue to warn others so they don't end up in the same situation I'm in.
    Contact the app developer and may be the app can be updated.
    05-21-2015 05:35 AM
    buy it.. it's going to be worth it
    05-21-2015 09:52 AM
    buy it.. it's going to be worth it
    05-21-2015 02:43 PM
    A new rumor i now finding its way to the light of day, and suggests we’re about to get a second Nexus device from Google. This second device is said to be developed in conjunction with LG, who were responsible for both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 handsets.To buy or not to buy...that is the question-lg-g4-review-sg-7-600x3381.jpg
    05-22-2015 05:19 AM
    A new rumor i now finding its way to the light of day, and suggests we’re about to get a second Nexus device from Google. This second device is said to be developed in conjunction with LG, who were responsible for both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 handsets.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lg-g4-review-sg-7-600x3381.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	177648
    Not ready to go cold turkey with stock. TouchWiz still has work to do but sticking with my GS6.
    05-22-2015 05:26 AM
    I am fine with waiting. I don't NEED a new phone right now
    That right there says it all to me - just wait for the Nexus reveal. There's no need to rush into a purchase. As you said you don't need a device right now, so what's scenarios can play out?

Scenario 1: You buy the Galaxy S6 now
    - You'll be paying a high price for it
    - The Nexus is revealed, you don't like it more than the S6 so you don't regret your S6 purchase
    or
    - The Nexus is revealed and you do like it more than the S6 and you regret your S6 purchase

Scenario 2: You wait for the Nexus reveal
    - The price on the Galaxy S6 would have dropped
    - The Nexus is revealed, you don't like it more than the S6, in which case you can pick up the S6 at a lower price
    or
    - The Nexus is revealed and you do like it more than the S6 so you buy the Nexus and don't regret getting the S6 before

Seems like a no-brainer to me. If your current phone wasn't working and you absolutely needed a phone, then sure, get whatever you want now, phones are important to have, but if you can wait, I'd say wait. It'll only pay off in the long run.
    Aquila and Matt34Bears like this.
    05-22-2015 07:12 AM
    My 2 cents is that if you don't get it within about 3 months of release then you may as well wait for the next new flagship device since it'll probably be better in just about every way that matters.

Remember, nearly as soon as a device is released it's already obsolete.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-22-2015 11:23 AM
    Why are you constantly on this forum arguing and making your point? Waterproof does not add function, what's are you trying to say? We, the owners of the S6, don't care for the removable battery and SD card....can't you accept it? You need to deal with it finally rather than coming here crying how the Active S6 (rumored) is the proper S6...removing battery is also not functional in my books, my last 4 phones had not removable battery and never once did I have concerns.

You madr your point, we get it...why do you keep regenerating it???

Gee. I wasn't aware I am not allowed to share my opinion like everyone else. I guess only fanboys are allowed to comment on how "OMG THE S6 IS TEH COOLS!!!1111ELEVENS". The S6 is heavily flawed. I know this because I own it. The battery is way too damn small. The gorilla glass 4 body scratches easily (I don't care what anyone says about "Oh, it's teh strongz!!!111"). And those of us who spend 10 hours a day working outside need waterproofing. That is a very important function.

But hey, I hope someone commented on how nice your phone looked last week.

/sarcasm
    05-23-2015 09:56 AM
    My 2 cents is that if you don't get it within about 3 months of release then you may as well wait for the next new flagship device since it'll probably be better in just about every way that matters.

Remember, nearly as soon as a device is released it's already obsolete.

See: LG G4
    05-23-2015 09:57 AM
    Gee. I wasn't aware I am not allowed to share my opinion like everyone else. I guess only fanboys are allowed to comment on how "OMG THE S6 IS TEH COOLS!!!1111ELEVENS". The S6 is heavily flawed. I know this because I own it. The battery is way too damn small. The gorilla glass 4 body scratches easily (I don't care what anyone says about "Oh, it's teh strongz!!!111"). And those of us who spend 10 hours a day working outside need waterproofing. That is a very important function.

But hey, I hope someone commented on how nice your phone looked last week.

/sarcasm
    It's all about you eh? Go cry a river somewhere else. If you own and hate it that much, sell the damn thing. This new age of hipsters "I'm entitled I'm entitled!!! Everything should be centered around me!!!" attitude is not cool. Most of the things you complain (constantly) about are not a problem for EVERYONE. You're allowed an opinion, but what you're expressing if far beyond that...so....

Do us and yourself a favor and get rid of your S6...if reading your posts is only a percentage of the agony your brain is going through owning the device...my gosh do something about it.

areyes163 likes this.
    05-23-2015 10:10 AM
    See: LG G4
    The G4 is going to be a great alternative for those wanting to stay in the Android ecosystem but miss the card slot and removable battery and want a larger screen and great camera. More power to them. Just my opinion and not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way.
    legend221 likes this.
    05-23-2015 10:14 AM
67 123