To buy or not to buy...that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Touchwizz is slower and uglier than Sense from two years ago, I would definitely take stock over tw anyday.

dreaming of electric sheep

Having just come from an HTC Droid DNA I can tell you that touch whiz on the S6 is not slower than sense was on a Kit Kat DNA

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Aside from the card slot, waterproof and larger battery, how? Sure battery life will better being larger. Same tired, plastic design, are you really going to be in aquatic environment needing water proofing. Analog recent app and back buttons versus capacitive. Don't miss the card slot or swappable battery. That just my take. If you like it, get whatever works best for you and that you like.

There is no "aside from". The reasons you listed are the reasons why it's better. Who really gives a crap on what it looks like? Function over form.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
There is no "aside from". The reasons you listed are the reasons why it's better. Who really gives a crap on what it looks like? Function over form.
100 times likes.

People that are more concerned on how a phone looks (mainly women but sometimes men as well) and pick a phone on what they perceive others will say are plain sad. If someone really cares about looking 'cool' might as well get the stupid Iphone. Hahaha.

What's my priority, fast stable, force close free, great camera, root ability and Roms down the line over everything . All else is 2nd place.

.: Sent from my 'Android til I die' Phone or Tablet :.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Why are you constantly on this forum arguing and making your point? Waterproof does not add function, what's are you trying to say? We, the owners of the S6, don't care for the removable battery and SD card....can't you accept it? You need to deal with it finally rather than coming here crying how the Active S6 (rumored) is the proper S6...removing battery is also not functional in my books, my last 4 phones had not removable battery and never once did I have concerns.

You madr your point, we get it...why do you keep regenerating it???

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Wth the exception of the battery, both variants are equally spec'd. Tomorrow is throwback Thursday.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I have always been consistently about function and performance over form. You just want what you felt you were entitled to I the first place, a great device with soon-to-be, possibly throwback features. It's like having a 2026 Challenger with the throwback headlights and state of the art 21st century muscle car. Nothing wrong with that. Just making my choice to look forward. If the Active works best for you...

http://youtu.be/StTqXEQ2l-Y

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is fine for me, but the battery on my Galaxy s3 was going bad before I got the Galaxy s6 so perhaps I'm just use to the poor battery life. Overall the hardware is great, but there are many software customizations which are available on the Galaxy s3 which are no longer available on the s6. The software is quite a regression from the s3 and I really wish I had gone with buying a new battery for the old phone rather than upgrading.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is fine for me, but the battery on my Galaxy s3 was going bad before I got the Galaxy s6 so perhaps I'm just use to the poor battery life. Overall the hardware is great, but there are many software customizations which are available on the Galaxy s3 which are no longer available on the s6. The software is quite a regression from the s3 and I really wish I had gone with buying a new battery for the old phone rather than upgrading.
Some of the features can be downloaded in the Samsung App Store. There's a section just for the Galaxy S6.

http://youtu.be/bX7JY0IlG0I

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Some of the features can be downloaded in the Samsung App Store. There's a section just for the Galaxy S6.

Options I used in the past that are not present in the Samsung Galaxy s6 include:

1. Show only contacts with phone numbers in the contacts menu.
2. Control LED notifications beyond on and off
3. Holding down on a text message to add the number to contacts.
4. Cyclical scrolling through the app menu.
5. Having a button to bring up the settings menu in an app.

I found an app that sort of fixes the issue of (2) (Although not perfectly.), but the others are just annoying changes for which I have found no fix.

I'm sure that there are many more software regressions as well. I've read about a few of them that other people are having trouble with today. All and all the ability to customize the phone is decreased over previous versions.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Options I used in the past that are not present in the Samsung Galaxy s6 include:

1. Show only contacts with phone numbers in the contacts menu.
2. Control LED notifications beyond on and off
3. Holding down on a text message to add the number to contacts.
4. Cyclical scrolling through the app menu.
5. Having a button to bring up the settings menu in an app.

I found an app that sort of fixes the issue of (2) (Although not perfectly.), but the others are just annoying changes for which I have found no fix.

I'm sure that there are many more software regressions as well. I've read about a few of them that other people are having trouble with today. All and all the ability to customize the phone is decreased over previous versions.
For number 5, MORE might help. It is usually in the upper right hand corner.

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Bridge Baron is the main one. I can no longer access the menu when the score is showing since there is no menu button. I can close the score and access the menu, but that destroys the information that I wanted to access in the first place.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Bridge Baron is the main one. I can no longer access the menu when the score is showing since there is no menu button. I can close the score and access the menu, but that destroys the information that I wanted to access in the first place.
Sorry. Thought I be able,to help but not familiar with that app.

lisaquach

May 14, 2015
Visit site
A new rumor i now finding its way to the light of day, and suggests we’re about to get a second Nexus device from Google. This second device is said to be developed in conjunction with LG, who were responsible for both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 handsets.lg-g4-review-sg-7-600x3381.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.