Can I get help with a Samsung Galaxy S6 dock connecting + Fast charge issue?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S6 Dock is connected + Fast charge issue

My samsung galaxy s6 was on lock,the popup kept coming up saying the dock is connected and my phone wouldn't stay in lock when I didn't do anything. I saw people suggest that blowing into the charging port would clear that up and I tried that and it worked. However,my fast charging doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Rohan Mahipal

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm facing the same issue on my Galaxy S6 Edge. The notification 'The dock is connected' keeps popping up. While on call, due to this notification, the speaker keeps turning on and off. Kindly help.

Aman Deep5

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
i am facing the same problem all of a sudden, just checked online if it is a mass problem and looks like it is. Sad part is In India the service centre people will just redo the OS and not relace the phone instead argue that its not happening. and make us liars.

Paul Grebetz

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I think I have found the solution, I had the constant message saying the dock is connected over and over again. I called samsung and a tech had me run my phone on safe mode for an hour, this disabled all of my apps, basically making my phone useless, a paperweight if you will. I didn't get any docking issues until I took it off safe mode so it is an app issue. What I did was delete all of the apps and slowly day by day, I reinstalled them, I haven't had any more issues since. I have yet to reinstall all of the apps 8 had but this problem made me realize which apps I really need and which ones I can do without. If I had to guess it would be the weather widget I installed may have caused a conflict with the stock weather feature on the phone.

ericos88

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys .! I think Paul has a great way of finding the problem I would try this method for sure. However I had the same problem with my S6 but it was 1 or twice per day I saw this msg . So what I did was simply clean the Charging socket with come cotton as sometimes when you have the phone in your pocket dirt can get inside and get stuck . I did the trick for me . If you use a flash light you can see inside a the socket a spot dust in corners . Hope that helps :)

dsnapiri

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Hey, for all it's worth I followed the lead Paul put down. For me it was Samsung's TTS (talk to speak) app which caused all this mess.
Hope it helps anyone!

Edit: It wasn't the TTS. I checked everything on safe mode, the "dock is connected" problem remained.
It's definitely the VR Gear that turned it on, but even when it's disabled I can't seem to get rid of that pop-up.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma