Theory to Cell Stand By

dcool19d

May 10, 2015
Visit site
For some reason when you turn Mobile Data off it seems to drain the battery a tad bit faster.
But when you leave Mobile Data on it seems to have the opposite effect, your battery drains slower and your Cell Stand by time doesn't spike as much.

(Only Third Day with phone) But leaving Mobile Data on period, seems to increase your battery life..

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Mine was high too.

I saw in another post where someone had suggested turning off the constant wifi searching. I've seen a drop in the cell standby. Going to check it again at the end of the day.

Settings - Wifi - More - Adanced - Always Allow Scanning (turn that off)

That was the suggestion.

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
So after a few days of having the scanning off I've seen a big increase in battery life and significant decrease in cell standby.

I streamed Spotify all day yesterday and was down to 55 percent by the end of my work day and used my phone lot in the evening and only got down to around 30%

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Are you in an area where your phone is constantly searching for a signal? Where I work it jumps between 4g and lte and sometimes I loose signal. This phone isn't bad but my blackberry would drain like no tomorrow from it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Something I noticed today
I drove to New Jersey from Maryland, and at times my service was off and on and was going from 4G LTE to 4G quite often
My battery drained noticeably faster and my cell standby was high...which never happens to me if im on wifi constantly
Also, if you turn the phone to airplane mode, the battery will be at a standstill and will BARELY drain
Cell standby is caused by the cell radios looking for signal, which happens also when on wifi

Does anyone know a way to turn mobile data off automatically when on Wifi?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm