I returned a Verizon Galaxy S6 a few weeks ago because I couldn't cope with having no SD card and removable battery..

I waited for the LG G4. Having played with the G4 in person, I now conclude that it's a much inferior phone than the S6.(screen, speed, UI)

So... I bought another Verizon Galaxy S6 last week and started trying it again. Trying to convince myself to keep it.

I copied a 720p MKV video(recorded from my C-band big dish satellite TV). Both my old S5 and the new S6 were showing 100% battery strength. I started the video playback at the same time and just left them running on my desk. All running apps on both phones were stopped and they were placed in airplane mode. Brightness were both set to auto. Phones were side-by-side. The S5 has a Sandisk 128gb MicroSD card inside. The S6 just relied on the internal 64gb memory.

Only 3 hours and 17 minutes into th playbakc, the S6 died shut itself off. At 4 hours and 22 miniutes, the S5 also died.

Am I crazy? Shouldn't the S6, as Samsung's current flagship, have equal or better battery performance than the S5 that it replaced? The S5 was purchased last June, so almost 11 months old, still on the original battery.
    05-18-2015 07:18 PM
    I returned a Verizon Galaxy S6 a few weeks ago because I couldn't cope with having no SD card and removable battery..

I waited for the LG G4. Having played with the G4 in person, I now conclude that it's a much inferior phone than the S6.(screen, speed, UI)

So... I bought another Verizon Galaxy S6 last week and started trying it again. Trying to convince myself to keep it.

I copied a 720p MKV video(recorded from my C-band big dish satellite TV). Both my old S5 and the new S6 were showing 100% battery strength. I started the video playback at the same time and just left them running on my desk. All running apps on both phones were stopped and they were placed in airplane mode. Brightness were both set to auto. Phones were side-by-side. The S5 has a Sandisk 128gb MicroSD card inside. The S6 just relied on the internal 64gb memory.

Only 3 hours and 17 minutes into th playbakc, the S6 died shut itself off. At 4 hours and 22 miniutes, the S5 also died.

Am I crazy? Shouldn't the S6, as Samsung's current flagship, have equal or better battery performance than the S5 that it replaced? The S5 was purchased last June, so almost 11 months old, still on the original battery.
    The Samsung S6 has a better /brighter display as well as a faster CPU so therefore the phone is going to work a little harder and drain faster, especially when the screen is on.
    The S5 has a 2800 battery while the S6 has a 2,550 battery.
    In a perfect world Samsung would of equipped it with a better battery, but this isn't a perfect world. and tweeks to the S6 are still supposed to becoming so the battery life could increase.
    drone3 likes this.
    05-18-2015 08:02 PM
    The Samsung S6 has a better /brighter display as well as a faster CPU so therefore the phone is going to work a little harder and drain faster, especially when the screen is on.
    The S5 has a 2800 battery while the S6 has a 2,550 battery.
    In a perfect world Samsung would of equipped it with a better battery, but this isn't a perfect world. and tweeks to the S6 are still supposed to becoming so the battery life could increase.
    I completely forgot about that. I just converted two 4k videos that I shot with the Panasonic LX100. Will convert them to 1440p and see if I get the same result playing them on the S5 and S6.
    05-18-2015 10:16 PM