App to disable swiping every time i unlock?

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I made a thread about this a while ago but I'm wondering if there's an app to solve this. On the nexus 4 you could make it so when you wake up the phone it requires no unlock but if you sleep it for (whatever you set the time for) it will then lock to the chosen security type.

Is there an app that can allow this to happen without having to just remove a lock feature which I'd rather not do? To simulate what i mean for some reason if you do a Google search bar search then then lock the phone and unlock it again you'll see it doesn't have you swipe for some reason.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey! I think I found the solution. I haven't tried it yet, but the "clear credentials" seems to do the trick, according to this old forum post. Apparently this isn't a new problem, haha.

Let me know if it works (if you try it):
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/328893-screen-lock-can-t-get-back-swipe.html

I think the OP is asking if there's a way that you can just hit the "lock/unlock" button, and have the phone open up to the home screen, instead of having to swipe or use any other form of "unlocking" the phone. It's not a security thing, but rather a convenience thing.

Anyway, I am not positive, but I don't think this is possible. I think the most you can do is set the unlock procedure to "swipe", and/or use a secure locking method, but set it to delay re-enabling the secure locking function for a set amount of time after putting the phone to sleep so that you only have to swipe to open instead of using a password, gesture, fingerprint, etc.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
It is possible. Head into your lock screen settings and turn of the lock automatically with power key option. Then change the duration of the auto lock to something higher like 5 minutes. Then the phone will not ask you to unlock unless you leave the screen off for 5+ minutes

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 1319.jpg
    1319.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 163

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
It is possible. Head into your lock screen settings and turn of the lock automatically with power key option. Then change the duration of the auto lock to something higher like 5 minutes. Then the phone will not ask you to unlock unless you leave the screen off for 5+ minutes

Hope this helps!

That's what I was talking about re: the delay time before locking the phone automatically ... but what I was saying is, I don't think there's any way to permanently set the phone to never lock, period ... and always have it just open to the home screen no matter what the situation.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's what I was talking about re: the delay time before locking the phone automatically ... but what I was saying is, I don't think there's any way to permanently set the phone to never lock, period ... and always have it just open to the home screen no matter what the situation.

There is on my T-Mobile one. I normally have it set to fingerprint but I can set it to none and it doesn't lock. I can press the lock button over and over and it just turns the screen off and on.

This is under settings, security/lock screen, and then "Screen lock type".

Attachments

• 1432052227287.jpg
    1432052227287.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 58

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
There is on my T-Mobile one. I normally have it set to fingerprint but I can set it to none and it doesn't lock. I can press the lock button over and over and it just turns the screen off and on.

This is under settings, security/lock screen, and then "Screen lock type".

I stand corrected ... and feel stupid for not checking things in my phone first. I'm on AT&T and I also have the "NONE" option for security, which I can only assume will just jump you to the home screen when you hit the "unlock" button. Sorry for the confusion.

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
The idea is basically to be able to keep a security measure, say in this case fingerprint, but to make it so that I can still do what Wiggum said which is to be able to lock/unlock the phone and have it return me right to where I was last without having to swipe.

On the Nexus 4 there is a specific option, i forget the exact name, to make it so that I can lock/unlock the phone as many times as I want and it will just bring me to whatever I was doing last, but if I do not unlock the phone for 10 minutes then when I unlock it next it will ask for my pattern, which is how I set it up.

The ideas posted are a mix between choosing "none" which means it will never lock, or to increase the "lock automatically" time, which even if set to say 5 minutes, will require you to ATLEAST swipe to unlock the screen every single time, which is what I want to try and avoid.

I looked for some apps to try and make it to be like the Nexus 4 but no luck so far :(

Edit: I could use smartlock but unfortunately I never keep location on and have no BT devices that I could use to be able to take advantage of this feature

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
The idea is basically to be able to keep a security measure, say in this case fingerprint, but to make it so that I can still do what Wiggum said which is to be able to lock/unlock the phone and have it return me right to where I was last without having to swipe.

On the Nexus 4 there is a specific option, i forget the exact name, to make it so that I can lock/unlock the phone as many times as I want and it will just bring me to whatever I was doing last, but if I do not unlock the phone for 10 minutes then when I unlock it next it will ask for my pattern, which is how I set it up.

The ideas posted are a mix between choosing "none" which means it will never lock, or to increase the "lock automatically" time, which even if set to say 5 minutes, will require you to ATLEAST swipe to unlock the screen every single time, which is what I want to try and avoid.

I looked for some apps to try and make it to be like the Nexus 4 but no luck so far :(

Edit: I could use smartlock but unfortunately I never keep location on and have no BT devices that I could use to be able to take advantage of this feature

I know this isn't exactly what you want, but try this and see if you can work with it. Set your preferred method of security in the "Lock Screen and Security >>> Screen Lock Type" options ... Then, go into "Lock Screen and Security >>> Secure Lock Settings >>> Secure Lock Time" and choose "10 minutes".

Now, this should set the phone so that it uses whatever security measure you choose (I use fingerprint), but will also keep the phone from "locking" until after 10 minutes, regardless of whether the screen times out, or you hit the lock button to put the phone to sleep, etc.

So, you have fingerprint security, and wake up in the morning ... you use your fingerprint to unlock the phone, and it takes you directly to your home screen. Now, you check emails etc, then hit the lock button, and the phone goes to sleep. 5 minutes pass, or 8 minutes, or even 9.5 minutes ... and you pick up your phone again and hit the lock button. The phone will unlock, but you will still have to swipe the screen to "open" the phone to the home screen.

I know you preference is to have it just open right up to where you left off, but so far I don't see how to make that happen. But, at least the way I describe above keeps you from having to use the fingerprint scanner every single time you unlock the phone.

EDIT: Reading your quoted post again a little bit more thoroughly, I see you probably already know what the above method will net you, but nevertheless, it appears that this is as close as you can get to what you want w/out either rooting the phone and/or finding some other third-party apps that can do the trick for you.

Honestly, I'd love it if these phones could do what you're wanting to do ... but I've basically just turned all that stuff off and have "fingerprint security" set to be always on, with no smart lock and no secure lock time settings. As soon as I hit the lock button, it's locked, period. The NICE thing about my setup is i KNOW no matter what, when I unlock my phone, i have to use my fingerprint to unlock it. It keeps consistency for me, and makes the process relatively painless.

I did use the smart-lock feature for a while, but I found myself at home (where it stayed un-secure), and i would hit the lock button and then wonder why my fingerprint wasn't unlocking the phone ... I would be forced to swipe to open. I found that ridiculous, as it SHOULD open with the fingerprint reader no matter what ... long story short, it got annoying having to remember if I was in a secure area, or not, to know what method I needed to employ to open my phone.

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I know this isn't exactly what you want, but try this and see if you can work with it. Set your preferred method of security in the "Lock Screen and Security >>> Screen Lock Type" options ... Then, go into "Lock Screen and Security >>> Secure Lock Settings >>> Secure Lock Time" and choose "10 minutes".

Now, this should set the phone so that it uses whatever security measure you choose (I use fingerprint), but will also keep the phone from "locking" until after 10 minutes, regardless of whether the screen times out, or you hit the lock button to put the phone to sleep, etc.

So, you have fingerprint security, and wake up in the morning ... you use your fingerprint to unlock the phone, and it takes you directly to your home screen. Now, you check emails etc, then hit the lock button, and the phone goes to sleep. 5 minutes pass, or 8 minutes, or even 9.5 minutes ... and you pick up your phone again and hit the lock button. The phone will unlock, but you will still have to swipe the screen to "open" the phone to the home screen.

I know you preference is to have it just open right up to where you left off, but so far I don't see how to make that happen. But, at least the way I describe above keeps you from having to use the fingerprint scanner every single time you unlock the phone.

Yea that is quite similar to what I do now, but I think you are right that there is no way around it :( Ill look for an app I think but I doubt there is something to stimulate this, we can only hope!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

You can do this with the S6. Follow the steps below.

1. Setup your pattern lock (or fingerprint -- or PIN -- any lock screen basically)
2. Go to the settings screen (see below) and set it to 10 minutes for "Lock automatically" and turn the "Lock instantly with power key" to off.
3. Done!

Now you can unlock / lock your phone with your power button as much as you want .. If you leave it idle for 10 minutes or more the next unlock will require a pattern.

Attachments

• 1432063434740.jpg
    1432063434740.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 33

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
@almeuit

I tried that method when writing my above post ... and while you can set it to not actually lock until 10 minutes of idle time, I had to still swipe the screen to get it back to the home screen once hitting the lock button to wake the phone up.

Yes, the security measure is bypassed, but the phone doesn't just go straight to the home screen upon waking the phone up with the lock/unlock button - which I understand to be the issue the OP is trying to get around.

That said, I may still be missing something about your method that bypasses any type of "lock screen", and jumps you straight to your home page (and/or where you left off when you last hit the lock button or let the screen just time-out).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried that method when writing my above post ... and while you can set it to not actually lock until 10 minutes of idle time, I had to still swipe the screen to get it back to the home screen once hitting the lock button to wake the phone up.

Did you turn off the lock instantly on power key? If not then you will have to do it every time still since it is instantly locking upon pressing the lock button.

Also no -- there is nothing to take you directly to the home screen. Only to the screen it was previously left on.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
My phone does NOT have the "lock instantly with power key" setting available. Here's a screen shot of my "Secure Lock Settings" screen:

Screenshot_2015-05-19-15-07-34.png

It may just be an AT&T thing, that it's been removed. However, when I go into my "Secure Lock Time" settings, there's an option for locking automatically when I hit the lock button, OR ... waiting a set period of time before re-invoking the security settings. But, no matter what time period I choose to delay the secured locking, it makes me swipe to open if the security measures have not yet kicked back in.

Screenshot_2015-05-19-15-09-31.png

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My phone does NOT have the "lock instantly with power key" setting available. Here's a screen shot of my "Secure Lock Settings" screen:

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/wiggum333/Screenshot_2015-05-19-15-07-34.png

It may just be an AT&T thing, that it's been removed. However, when I go into my "Secure Lock Time" settings, there's an option for locking automatically when I hit the lock button, OR ... waiting a set period of time before re-invoking the security settings. But, no matter what time period I choose to delay the secured locking, it makes me swipe to open if the security measures have not yet kicked back in.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/wiggum333/Screenshot_2015-05-19-15-09-31.png

Ah there we go!

We found the breakdown ... AT&T doesn't have that option. That hurts :( ... without being able to un-check that you can't do this then.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
lol I dont mind that its not there ... I prefer the way I have it setup now anyway. Fingerprint security, and locking the phone locks it instantly, no questions asked. This way, my phone is ALWAYS secure, and I always use the same method to unlock it. No wondering about whether or not i'm in a "secure location" that has disabled the security measures ... or wondering if the phone has been off long enough to re-initiate the security, or if I'll need to swipe to open because it hasn't been locked longer than X minutes.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
lol I dont mind that its not there ... I prefer the way I have it setup now anyway. Fingerprint security, and locking the phone locks it instantly, no questions asked. This way, my phone is ALWAYS secure, and I always use the same method to unlock it. No wondering about whether or not i'm in a "secure location" that has disabled the security measures ... or wondering if the phone has been off long enough to re-initiate the security, or if I'll need to swipe to open because it hasn't been locked longer than X minutes.

True but having that option on mine adds an extra layer of security / convenience. For example..

I can have the "lock instantly" button set to "ON" and If I have it set to 10 min lockout .. the phone will not lock unless idle for 10 minutes (such as if I just laid it down and the screen timed out).

Then if I am in a not so secure location I can instant lock it by using the lock key and bypass this 10 min setting. That way the phone doesn't always require a fingerprint if I don't need it .. but when I do I can force it right away.

jetspeedz

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/wiggum333/Screenshot_2015-05-19-15-07-34.png

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/wiggum333/Screenshot_2015-05-19-15-09-31.png

Any chance this can be enabled through a CSC? I would really like this feature and I'm also on ATT.

NMD83

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Did you turn off the lock instantly on power key? If not then you will have to do it every time still since it is instantly locking upon pressing the lock button.

Also no -- there is nothing to take you directly to the home screen. Only to the screen it was previously left on.

I signed up to thank you for this. I was so irritated that I had to push a button and swipe when smart lock has the phone unlocked at home or in the car. Thanks so much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781