I did a search and didn't see where this may have been posted or covered elsewhere, so here I am posting this up in case anyone is interested.

The newest version of Gmail (v5.x) supports MS Exchange Server email accounts; however, I think that only the Nexus phones come with this "service" pre-installed on the phone and ready to use out of the box. All the other phones that come with Gmail already installed have a "crippled" version that does NOT support Exchange Server accounts. On our phones in particular, we have the Gmail app for Gmail and/or Yahoo/Hotmail (IMAP/POP) ... but do not have the option for "Corporate" email accounts (ie: Exchange Servers).

That said, Google has released an "Exchange Services" APK that you can side-load to enable this support in your Gmail. To give credit where credit is due, I found this on the XDA forums. This is NOT something that a developer with XDA has produced, but rather this is straight from Google.

I downloaded it and installed it today, and low-and-behold I can now add my work email to my Gmail app! I should also note that it works beautifully, and doesn't seem to be affecting the phone's performance at all.

I had been using the Samsung email app for my work email, and my Gmail app for my personal email ... but since I grew tired of using two email apps, I was thrilled to find this "workaround", and now have Gmail set up to check all my email accounts.

So, for anyone who likes the Gmail app, and wants to integrate their work email into the Gmail app, just do a google search for "Gmail Exchange Service", follow the XDA site link, and you'll find where you can download the APK and side-load it. I would post the download link right here, but I am fearful that posting links to external sites like XDA is frowned upon here, so I have refrained. If someone can confirm that it's ok to post the link here, I'll gladly edit this post and put the link in here to make it easier to find.
    05-19-2015 05:03 PM
    Thanks for that! Not that XDA is frowned upon hehe it's the APK ripping that is. Technically speaking, if the APK isn't coming from the developer (in this case, Google) or a custom app that's not using unauthorized, modified code from someone else, it's still considered pirating. That's why those links are frowned upon, not because they're XDA
    05-19-2015 05:45 PM
    Thanks for that! Not that XDA is frowned upon hehe it's the APK ripping that is. Technically speaking, if the APK isn't coming from the developer (in this case, Google) or a custom app that's not using unauthorized, modified code from someone else, it's still considered pirating. That's why those links are frowned upon, not because they're XDA
    From what I read the "code" for the APK is straight from Google ... but the download link is from an APK Mirror Site. I honestly don't really know what that means from a technical standpoint but it sounds like it means that the APK is not directly being provided by Google for download.
    05-19-2015 05:57 PM
    Exactly. If the link in the post were from Google or the link pointed to an APK straight from Google, then by all means, link away. But although the code comes from Google's apps, the truth is this is a ripped version of it. Someone extracted the code, compiled the APK, and posted it (and in this case, it's not a bad thing, but still a gray moral area, and we do tend to avoid those).
    05-19-2015 06:52 PM
    I did a search and didn't see where this may have been posted or covered elsewhere, so here I am posting this up in case anyone is interested.

The newest version of Gmail (v5.x) supports MS Exchange Server email accounts; however, I think that only the Nexus phones come with this "service" pre-installed on the phone and ready to use out of the box. All the other phones that come with Gmail already installed have a "crippled" version that does NOT support Exchange Server accounts. On our phones in particular, we have the Gmail app for Gmail and/or Yahoo/Hotmail (IMAP/POP) ... but do not have the option for "Corporate" email accounts (ie: Exchange Servers).

That said, Google has released an "Exchange Services" APK that you can side-load to enable this support in your Gmail. To give credit where credit is due, I found this on the XDA forums. This is NOT something that a developer with XDA has produced, but rather this is straight from Google.

I downloaded it and installed it today, and low-and-behold I can now add my work email to my Gmail app! I should also note that it works beautifully, and doesn't seem to be affecting the phone's performance at all.

I had been using the Samsung email app for my work email, and my Gmail app for my personal email ... but since I grew tired of using two email apps, I was thrilled to find this "workaround", and now have Gmail set up to check all my email accounts.

So, for anyone who likes the Gmail app, and wants to integrate their work email into the Gmail app, just do a google search for "Gmail Exchange Service", follow the XDA site link, and you'll find where you can download the APK and side-load it. I would post the download link right here, but I am fearful that posting links to external sites like XDA is frowned upon here, so I have refrained. If someone can confirm that it's ok to post the link here, I'll gladly edit this post and put the link in here to make it easier to find.
    Can you share the link?
    05-19-2015 07:51 PM