Fake S6 are already out there.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
This guy posted a video showing the fake and real side by side.
Thought I would throw it up here incase you are looking for a deal on craigslist.

https://youtu.be/H4ovScUEGDM

Camera, look different, he didn't mention that part.
should be pretty easy to spot, but I thought this could be helpful incase someone is so new to android, they wouldn't even think to look for some of these things.

dcool19d

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Like the old saying goes, you get what you paid for.

Only time I'd buy a phone is from an authorized dealer such as BestBuy or your phone carrier or a repeatable seller.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I noticed a couple other issues with the fake.

1. The font used for the Samsung logo is off just a bit on the fake. Not quite narrow enough.
2. On the side of the box for the fake they use the old Galaxy logo from the S5

Posted via the Android Central App

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Some of these stupid people posting videos about how to spot a fake don't know what they're talking about and they almost cost me a Craigslist sale the other day. Two thing in particular. A lot of people are saying that if "Galaxy S6" is not written on the back of the phone, it's fake. FALSE. That is something some American carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile added. The international unlocked models don't have that. Also, people are saying the box has to look exactly this way or that way, but there are several variations of boxes Samsung uses depending on the carrier and country. Bastards. I understand they are trying to help people avoid fakes, but do some damn research and don't say something is fake because it doesn't have something that one particular carrier added. That makes people watching the video think every S6 other than the one sold by that carrier is fake!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Some of these stupid people posting videos about how to spot a fake don't know what they're talking about and they almost cost me a Craigslist sale the other day. Two thing in particular. A lot of people are saying that if "Galaxy S6" is not written on the back of the phone, it's fake. FALSE. That is something some American carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile added. The international unlocked models don't have that. Also, people are saying the box has to look exactly this way or that way, but there are several variations of boxes Samsung uses depending on the carrier and country. Bastards. I understand they are trying to help people avoid fakes, but do some damn research and don't say something is fake because it doesn't have something that one particular carrier added. That makes people watching the video think every S6 other than the one sold by that carrier is fake!

With the proliferation of counterfeit devices, people have a right to be wary of third party resellers. They go to eBay and Craigslist in search of a bargain. I have never purchased anything from either site as the old adage mentioned above. You may be a very reputable vendor but there are plenty of others who are unscrupulous. To your point, it is important to research but that's part of why users post in this forum. As anywhere else, their are varying degrees of credible information and downright speculation but there is also a great deal more knowledge and highly useful information that has proven very helpful to me from folks who, for the most part, have the best of intentions.

EdwinBos

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Few days ago was a Dutch tv-show where they filmed a Samsung-branded store (complete with logo etc) that sold fake Galaxy phones. Believe it was in Malysia. Pretty sure they had the S6 model also. Crazy.

Good vid though.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
More like clones, like China always has clones of iPhones and other known brands phones. It has been out since S6/S6 Edge released and both comes with MediaTek MT6582 CPU, Gorilla Glass 4. It named differently too if buy it from some china webstore.
But I have read that someone bought a S6 clone from craiglist and thought he made a great deal. Dont know what he think, when the price was so low and should know its something wrong with the low price.
Reddit User Buys Clone Samsung Galaxy S6 Off Craigslist For $500: Here's What He Got : T-Lounge : Tech Times

Landvo S6: LANDVO S6 5.0Inch Android 5.0 Smartphone MTK6582 Quad Core 1GB/16GB

But I found anoter clone that even had Samsung logo on it, looks excatly same as S6 Edge, with both sides curved screen, but forgot which site it was selling it and spec is same as Landvo S6, but says comes with GG4 and 720 AMOLED display.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Ironically, at least on camera, the screen of the fake one looked better on the OP's video - brighter and sharper! Go figure!

cachun402

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

If the phone doesn't have the shinyness to it, it's going to be fake I encountered a gold one and software seem to be from the s2 and camera was just super bright

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2