Not All S6 Are Created Equal...

Jbartu

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been in possession of one S6 Edge and three different S6, all on Verizon. I won't get into great details on why, unless someone insists, but basically it has been a result of switching from the Edge to the regular S6, changing lines, and Verizon's policy on the Edge up option of changing phones with every new contract. I claim not all S6 are created equal because I found a significant battery life difference between one of these phones and the other three, all under similar usage.

The S6 Edge and the first S6 I received were very impressive, to me when it came to battery life. I was getting 5-6 hours of SOT with 1-2 hours of talk time on heavy days, making it a full day anywhere from 16- 18 hours. With average usage (3-4 hours SOT), I would go to bed with 30%-40% left on the battery.

When I received my 2nd S6 this all changed. I went from the above mentioned usage to 3-4 hours with the same talk time and I was hitting the low battery warning. I noticed the talk time really killed my battery longevity. I tried resetting the phone, clearing the cache partition, and other suggestions to no avail. I returned that phone and tried one more S6. To my pleasant surprise, I returned to 5-6 hours of SOT with 1-2 hours of talk time.

Being on Verizon, I noticed the Cell Standby drain with WIFI on with all of these phones. I am keeping WIFI turned off unless I need it until there is an update. One other note worth mentioning, I purchased all of these phones at Best Buy and I noticed the 3 phones that worked well all had the small code sticker on the back of the phone; the S6 that gave me issues did not. I believe this sticker was just a tag to ID the phone, but perhaps they were from a different batch than the one without it. All of these boxes were sealed, so I don't believe the issue phone was a return.

Again, this is just my experience with multiple S6 phones. For those still having battery issues, you may want to try a replacement.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
The inconsistency in the battery is driving me nuts. My first charge cycle I managed 17 hours off the charger with over seven hours of SoT. Today I managed nine hours off the charger with only 4-5 hours of SoT. Like wtf is going on

Jbartu

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
The inconsistency in the battery is driving me nuts. My first charge cycle I managed 17 hours off the charger with over seven hours of SoT. Today I managed nine hours off the charger with only 4-5 hours of SoT. Like wtf is going on

Does talk time differ at all between the days mentioned? As I said above, I noticed a decent drain on heavy talk days.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No knowing how your use habits differ, it could network issues or app management.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol