07-30-2015 11:14 PM
183 ... 45678
tools
    LOL...that's the whole point. Samsung's decision to go with a 2k screen and then put a smaller battery in their "flagship" device was curious at best.
    I STILL don't get it. Thank goodness I only have 12 months with this phone. I hope Samsung learn and put a bigger battery in next time
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    05-25-2015 02:08 PM
    Lmao
    Huh? He has a point. You might not agree.
    05-25-2015 02:08 PM
    Huh? He has a point. You might not agree.
    His point is inaccurate. 4 hours of on screen time vs 10 hours of on screen time is no "small difference
    05-25-2015 02:10 PM
    Totally agree. For some issues, looking in the mirror would help. No one forced them to buy the phone. No one told not to do their own research and not just rely on demo videos. It's never an issue of personal responsibility or usage habits or carrier related issues or OS bugs or a combination of the above. It's always the fault of Samsung device design and manufacturing. Especially when you are an early adopter, that's anyone who buys a month or less after release, issues will arise and require adaptation.
    We also should take responsibility if we post nothing but praises, and then they go out and buy the S6 because we downplayed issues with the device.
    05-25-2015 03:20 PM
    His point is inaccurate. 4 hours of on screen time vs 10 hours of on screen time is no "small difference
    You have to realize, the way the OS calculates usage on Android and the way iOS calculates usage are 100% different. iOS lumps ALL usage in the total usage. If I use my 6+ to listen to music, with the screen off, it gets added on to that total usage time. Android separates SOT from other usages so the SOT will always be lower than what the total usage is on iOS.

I only use my iPad a few minutes a day to enter numbers from my job in a numbers spreadsheet I made. The battery standby lasts me a month and yet it shows I used the iPad nearly two days. That's impossible but it's there month after month.

Comparing the usage times on the 6/6+ with the S6 is not a fair comparison.
    Solitude1984 likes this.
    05-25-2015 03:30 PM
    I was over 12 hours almost non stop screen on phoning on my s6 today...
    05-25-2015 03:32 PM
    I was over 12 hours almost non stop screen on phoning on my s6 today...https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05...c50690459c.jpg
    There's something wrong with your battery graph. Did you recharge the battery to make the capacity jump back up like that? They normally don't do that unless you charged it. I see a break on the graph where you turned off the phone.
    Enahmir likes this.
    05-25-2015 03:35 PM
    Yes i put it on the cable at the lowest point...
    05-25-2015 04:14 PM
    I never turned off the phone today.
    05-25-2015 04:14 PM
    This is now.
    Before charging i phoned almost 13 hours. Whole day. Almost non stop.
    05-25-2015 04:16 PM
    Here's a new one: Apps that won't go away and have multiple extensions.
    Ex. Facebook
    I disable it but then it has things called com.facebook.appmanager and com.facebook.system still lurking in the background that can't be disabled. I'm considering rooting just to remove some of this stuff.
    05-25-2015 11:49 PM
    My wife found yet another annoyance on her S6 today. You can no longer set a unique notification sound for text messages for a specific contact group. She could do it on her S4 even with the lollipop update, but not on her S6. That makes NO sense.

I also chatted with an ATT rep the other day - as well as a Samsung rep - and both confirmed that you CANNOT change the notification vibration pattern for texts, calls or emails. Again this makes NO sense.

Why would these settings be removed??? (facepalm)
    05-26-2015 12:09 AM
    This!!! Defintiely very annoying. Happens more often when im playing bluetooth in my car stereo. I get halfway through a song turn off the car turn it back on and the song plays for the beginning. smh
    Yep. Same, happens most often through bluetooth in my car. NEVER happened on my S4.
    05-26-2015 08:20 AM
    Good suggestion - thanks...I do a cache partition clear once every 2-3 days just for the heck of it. Not sure how much it helps but it certainly can't hurt.
    Actually, it does hurt if used excessively.

What is stored in your data partition is used to load up during start up. Constantly wiping it forces the phone to restore all that you are wiping each time you do this. It's great for a phone that you think had some old crap stored in it that is messing up your phone, but no need to go crazy with it. Oh, and that stuff helps your phone run fast, why slow it down?

It's like using Clean Master. Sure you just removed all the junk files and cashe that is helping your phone run faster, but hey, CM tells you your phone is running too slow, so let's delete the stuff that's keeping it running fast, right?

Posted via the Android Central App
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-27-2015 02:22 PM
    My wife found yet another annoyance on her S6 today. You can no longer set a unique notification sound for text messages for a specific contact group. She could do it on her S4 even with the lollipop update, but not on her S6. That makes NO sense.

I also chatted with an ATT rep the other day - as well as a Samsung rep - and both confirmed that you CANNOT change the notification vibration pattern for texts, calls or emails. Again this makes NO sense.

Why would these settings be removed??? (facepalm)
    Huh?

Attached Thumbnails S6 Annoyances-65.jpg  
    05-27-2015 02:26 PM
    @warpdrive ... yes, the global settings for that stuff are still there ... but try it yourself ... go change the pattern around and then get someone to send you a text, or send yourself an email. No matter what you do, the vibration notification for the stock texting app, and stock email apps are going to go "buzz buzz" ... and NOT follow the pattern you set in the global settings.

EDIT: Just to be clear ... what I'm talking about applies only to the STOCK email, gmail, and messaging app ... If you use a third party app for any of those things, you should be able to have it feed off the default setting, or set it specifically within the app (if it allows).

But what you'll find in the stock apps I am talking about, is that you have the option to only turn vibrations on or off ... it does not let you set a pattern, and it has a pre-set pattern built in - which is the quick, two-buzz vibration. What I was saying is, you cannot change that, as confirmed by both AT&T and Samsung reps I talked to. All you can do is turn it on or off.
    05-27-2015 02:52 PM
    I don't get it. Wiggum333, your usage says that you have approximately 18 hours of battery time left after already using almost 2 hours! That's close to a full 20 hours of battery life and you don't even have your power saving mode on! Why are all of these other people complaining about battery life? That seems plenty to me. I don't need 5-6 hours of screen time anyway.
    05-27-2015 03:23 PM
    @warpdrive ... yes, the global settings for that stuff are still there ... but try it yourself ... go change the pattern around and then get someone to send you a text, or send yourself an email. No matter what you do, the vibration notification for the stock texting app, and stock email apps are going to go "buzz buzz" ... and NOT follow the pattern you set in the global settings.

EDIT: Just to be clear ... what I'm talking about applies only to the STOCK email, gmail, and messaging app ... If you use a third party app for any of those things, you should be able to have it feed off the default setting, or set it specifically within the app (if it allows).

But what you'll find in the stock apps I am talking about, is that you have the option to only turn vibrations on or off ... it does not let you set a pattern, and it has a pre-set pattern built in - which is the quick, two-buzz vibration. What I was saying is, you cannot change that, as confirmed by both AT&T and Samsung reps I talked to. All you can do is turn it on or off.
    Ah, yes you are correct. I misunderstood.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted via the zenfone 2
    berdinkerdickle and Wiggum333 like this.
    05-27-2015 03:31 PM
    Ah, yes you are correct. I misunderstood.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    no big deal ... for a moment, I had to re-read my post(s) to be sure I said it correctly.

As far as the notifications go ... I'm seriously baffled as to why that stuff has been locked down. It's annoying as can be for me since I keep my phone on vibrate mode when at my desk at work most of the day ... and all I get are these double-buzz vibrations, and have NO idea if it's a work email, personal email, or text - because they ALL are the same vibration.

the other half of this, which I think I already mentioned above, is that you USED to be able to set a specific contact group with it's own unique vibration and notification sound ... but you can't do that anymore. You can only give individual contacts a different ringtone ... but not groups. And you can't even give individuals a unique "message notification" sound anymore. They all feed of a global setting.

Honestly ... those little things to me seem like they should be first and foremost in terms of android customization settings ... because those are the things that allow you to interact with your phone w/out having to physically pick up the phone to check things out. How/why they were removed??? Whoever made that decision needs to be slapped upside the head, with a baseball bat.
    05-27-2015 03:37 PM
    Yeah, I think it's a bug that will be worked out in time.

05-27-2015 03:45 PM
    Yeah, I think it's a bug that will be worked out in time.

In talking to the live-chat samsung reps a few times over the last week or so, I get the feeling "we" are going to have to kinda flood them with feedback on their current OS software and make sure they know that these features that have been removed need to be put back in. Right now, I can't say that they are aware the removal of these things is bothering anyone.
    05-27-2015 03:55 PM
    Another annoyance - I don't like how you can't change the volume when on the lock screen. I'd like to be able to wake up the screen, then quickly turn it on to mute or vibrate for when I'm in meetings, but you can't do that on the lock screen. You have to wake the phone up, unlock it, then change the volume.
    05-27-2015 04:57 PM
    Another annoyance - I don't like how you can't change the volume when on the lock screen. I'd like to be able to wake up the screen, then quickly turn it on to mute or vibrate for when I'm in meetings, but you can't do that on the lock screen. You have to wake the phone up, unlock it, then change the volume.
    Can't you use the notification toggle for that? You do have to unlock to put on Wifi though.
    05-27-2015 05:10 PM
    Can't you use the notification toggle for that? You do have to unlock to put on Wifi though.
    Yeah I can, but even then I have the sound and DND further down the bar so I'd have to swipe and find it.

I get what you're saying, but it'd just be easier if I could wake the screen up, hold the volume down key and know it's going to be silent. Don't even have to look at it then.
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-27-2015 05:44 PM
    It's a fast phone, and battery life is fine since I set it up like my M8... Just got it though. Will have to check out the wireless charging tonight. It charges hella fast though, so I can live with it since my truck has a built-in inverter.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-27-2015 05:46 PM
183 ... 45678