S6 Annoyances

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
My complaint is the the battery but i will be purchasing a mophie case soon, so ill be over that when i get it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Black Sapphire Galaxy S6

mdarch07

May 21, 2015
Visit site
App drawer - on my S4 I could touch one of the small buttons at the bottom to jump to that page, or swipe across them to move thru pages quickly, or pinch to get the mini pages view and choose a page or rearrange their order. That feature was very handy when trying to organise the apps. On my S6 edge apps were restored by Google in date order, so it took forever to move them thru the screens and arrange them in folders etc. Backward step in functionality there I reckon. And being able to continously cycle thru the pages without having a start and end page

Very annoying choose default messages etc

No all share -can't browse from the video app to computers on the same network to stream

Peel remote - the old watch on remote was clever enough to recognise that you weren't on the wireless network that you set it up on and would not show up in the notification area as a mini remote if you had that turned on unless you were at home. Was also available on the lock screen so you could use it without unlocking

Probably more but that'll do for now

madg0at

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
No video out like MHL.
I'd like to stream movies from my phone's storage or USB to my TV. Screen casting kind of works, but introduces artifacts and the video appears degraded.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
App drawer - on my S4 I could touch one of the small buttons at the bottom to jump to that page, or swipe across them to move thru pages quickly, or pinch to get the mini pages view and choose a page or rearrange their order. That feature was very handy when trying to organise the apps. On my S6 edge apps were restored by Google in date order, so it took forever to move them thru the screens and arrange them in folders etc. Backward step in functionality there I reckon. And being able to continously cycle thru the pages without having a start and end page

Very annoying choose default messages etc

No all share -can't browse from the video app to computers on the same network to stream

Peel remote - the old watch on remote was clever enough to recognise that you weren't on the wireless network that you set it up on and would not show up in the notification area as a mini remote if you had that turned on unless you were at home. Was also available on the lock screen so you could use it without unlocking

Probably more but that'll do for now
You could have done a fresh setup and selected the apps to download to your device. all share I belie can be downloaded from the Play store or the Samsung store.

You can turn off the mini remote in settings for the Peel app.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
You are fed up with 4 to 5 hours of screen on time? What settings have you changed, and what carrier are you on?

Posted via the zenfone 2

Everything you can think of. Turned off background app refresh and background sync for all apps. Have my phone on the lowest brightness level possible, have a black display screen, have all notifications for apps switched off except for twitter, have smart network switch turned off.

It's just weird how people posy screen caps of their phones with 12 hours at 50% battery and their phone saying many hours remaining when I don't even get that much on a full charge. When I fully charge my phone it tells me I have 10 hours remaining even though I permanently keep my phone on power saving mode

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok that's weird. I fully charged my phone and it's now saying estimated 16 hours when yesterday it was saying 10. Wtf. This battery is weird

Solitude1984

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Not being able to fully uninstall apps like Facebook annoys me. A second speaker would have been fantastic. I could do without the volume warning for sure.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The battery. I've turned off all I'm going to turn off at this point. I mean, if I have to disable everything on the phone what is the point? Fortunately I'm usually never far from a charger. Oh, the theme store. While the concept is great the execution has been less than stellar. I know the theme store isn't an actual function of the phone but it was a selling point for me when the phone was introduced.

Sent from a far away Galaxy

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The battery. I've turned off all I'm going to turn off at this point. I mean, if I have to disable everything on the phone what is the point? Fortunately I'm usually never far from a charger. Oh, the theme store. While the concept is great the execution has been less than stellar. I know the theme store isn't an actual function of the phone but it was a selling point for me when the phone was introduced.

Sent from a far away Galaxy

Agreed. I like using Nova themes versus the TW themes mainly because most of the themes in the TW store are bad (imo).

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I like using Nova themes versus the TW themes mainly because most of the themes in the TW store are bad (imo).

Not sure if I'm following you completely here ... but when you say "Nova Themes" ... are you saying that you can change the menu colors, and colors of things like the background of the phone dialer, and the color scheme of the stock messaging app? Or are you just saying that you like the added customization that Nova offers?

Right now, I'm using Nova and have my phone "looking" different than TW will allow, but that's only on the surface. The stock apps like phone dialer and messaging, as well as all the menus/settings stuff remain "stock" unless I apply a new theme from the theme store.

If there is a way I can use Nova to change the settings/menus/apps that are built into the phone w/out using one of the Themes from the Theme Store, please advise. Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I'm following you completely here ... but when you say "Nova Themes" ... are you saying that you can change the menu colors, and colors of things like the background of the phone dialer, and the color scheme of the stock messaging app? Or are you just saying that you like the added customization that Nova offers?

Oh no not the dialer and stuff .. just the launcher / home screens. I do wish it would also do the menus.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh no not the dialer and stuff .. just the launcher / home screens. I do wish it would also do the menus.

OK, thanks. That's what I thought. I just got "worried" I was missing something.

Right now, the ONLY reason I have the Urban Theme applied to my phone is to change the colors of the stock messaging app from that burnt orange color. If I could modify that one thing, I would be OK with leaving everything else as-is.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No video out like MHL.
I'd like to stream movies from my phone's storage or USB to my TV. Screen casting kind of works, but introduces artifacts and the video appears degraded.

Get a samsung smart tv with screen mirroring. Looks great to me. I think technology is going in the wireless direction for everything. Do away with wires altogether

Galaxy S6 Gang

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
(...)

If there is a way I can use Nova to change the settings/menus/apps that are built into the phone w/out using one of the Themes from the Theme Store, please advise. Thanks.

No, there isn't. :(

When you see that "nova theme" expression it only means icon packs, some matching wallpapers and maybe a couple of widgets for Zooper. With Nova you can only change the way your homescreens and app drawer look. Well, and gestures, activities and all those goodies you already know :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20