S6 Annoyances

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
No, there isn't. :(

When you see that "nova theme" expression it only means icon packs, some matching wallpapers and maybe a couple of widgets for Zooper. With Nova you can only change the way your homescreens and app drawer look. Well, and gestures, activities and all those goodies you already know :)

Yep, per above post, that's what I thought. Been using Nova for a few years now, and never saw where adjusting internal menus & apps was an option ... I just thought, after seeing Almeuit's post, that I may have been missing something all this time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OK, thanks. That's what I thought. I just got "worried" I was missing something.

Right now, the ONLY reason I have the Urban Theme applied to my phone is to change the colors of the stock messaging app from that burnt orange color. If I could modify that one thing, I would be OK with leaving everything else as-is.

You could try another text app if you didn't mind doing it. I use ChompSMS for that reason (to change the colors / text size / etc.)

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
You could try another text app if you didn't mind doing it. I use ChompSMS for that reason (to change the colors / text size / etc.)

Yah, there is always that route. I like the stock messaging app just fine, and with the Urban theme applied, it's more than fine (color-wise). I would just prefer be able to change those colors to whatever I want.

See, the main problem I have are the goofy backgrounds that the themes have placed behind the phone dialers, and some of the menus. Why can't those just be colors, or plain white/black/gray???

I feel like pre-schoolers are responsible for the concepts of these themes...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Because it's everything all in the one place. I don't have to go into different settings to find the different options as it's all right there. This is why I love ios. Simplicity xd

What settings though? To my knowledge it just displays RAM and stuff right?

Also (in my opinion) iOS isn't so nice with settings either .. You have to jump around a lot to change various things.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I'm TOTALLY confused about this whole "smart manager" thing. I don't have a "smart manager" app in my app drawer, nor so I have a "smart manager widget" ... the only thing along those lines that I have is a widget for "Usage Manager".

However, if I look in my app manager, and go to "all", there IS a "smart manager" app in the phone, and it appears to be running ... but I cannot interact with it at all. Most I can do is clear the cache/data, and force-stop it. But I can't open the app, or really do anything with it.

FYI: I'm on AT&T, and from what I have seen when google searching, it seems Verizon and AT&T have effectively locked the end user out of using this app.

Long story short is, I can't use it, and have no idea what it's for, or what it does.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
What settings though? To my knowledge it just displays RAM and stuff right?

Also (in my opinion) iOS isn't so nice with settings either .. You have to jump around a lot to change various things.

the Widget has quick links to Battery, Storage and Ram...as well as a quick "Clear" button to clean all current Apps hogging Ram...but its probably useless because as soon as i open 1 app it goes back up lol...or its the Ram issue we're aware of.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I'm TOTALLY confused about this whole "smart manager" thing. I don't have a "smart manager" app in my app drawer, nor so I have a "smart manager widget" ... the only thing along those lines that I have is a widget for "Usage Manager".

However, if I look in my app manager, and go to "all", there IS a "smart manager" app in the phone, and it appears to be running ... but I cannot interact with it at all. Most I can do is clear the cache/data, and force-stop it. But I can't open the app, or really do anything with it.

FYI: I'm on AT&T, and from what I have seen when google searching, it seems Verizon and AT&T have effectively locked the end user out of using this app.

Long story short is, I can't use it, and have no idea what it's for, or what it does.

if you dont have access to it, then i dont see a reason why it would be needed to run in background. Its just a simplistic tool that gives a simple UI display for Battery, Storage and Ram. If i didnt have accessibility to the app in using its tools, and if it was possible, i'd just disable it...if it didnt damage anything.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
the Widget has quick links to Battery, Storage and Ram...as well as a quick "Clear" button to clean all current Apps hogging Ram...but its probably useless because as soon as i open 1 app it goes back up lol...or its the Ram issue we're aware of.

Yeah that is how Android works w/ RAM. It tries to fill the RAM. Once you clear it -- it will just cause the phone to start shoving more things back in there. Basically it is making the phone work harder since it keeps trying to fill the RAM.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Under widgets, go to S alphabetical apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Looks to me like the AT&T phones have the "Usage Manager", which has the same basic widget, functions, etc. Perhaps its truly the exact same thing but with a different look - which would explain why Smart Manager is running in the background, and the "Usage Manager is just feeding off the Smart Manager data, and coming through the Usage Manager interface (for lack of a better way to explain it)

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Here's the Usage Manager widget:

Screenshot_2015-05-21-13-31-04.png

Here's the Battery Usage stuff that gets pulled up when you click on the battery part of the widget:

Screenshot_2015-05-21-13-31-37.png

and, here's the 'general' usage screen that gets pulled up when you hit the far right icon on the widget:

Screenshot_2015-05-21-13-31-27.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar