07-30-2015 11:14 PM
183 123 ...
tools
    The Galaxy S6 is definitely a great device but I'm sure there's something about it that annoys you. For me:

1. The Auto-brightness
    2. Limited App drawer options compared to my S3(Hide, Downloaded Only, Share, etc)
    3. Limited control over Account Sync(more so a Android thing but still)
    05-20-2015 02:24 PM
    Have you tried different launchers? That could help you solve some app drawer options.
    drone3, neiljay6 and deeb215 like this.
    05-20-2015 02:37 PM
    Have you tried different launchers? That could help you solve some app drawer options.
    I was suppose to try Nova over the weekend but was too busy. I'll try it soon tho thanks.
    05-20-2015 02:53 PM
    The battery life is driving me nuts on this phone. Especially coming from the iPhone six plus. It is incredible to just sit there and watch it drain in 4-5 hours of on screen time even with all the settings changed. It got to the point where I got so fed up I reset the device, put the black picture as my wallpaper and lock screen, set Nova launcher. I am so over it. Thank goodness I still have my iPhone six plus too
    Chazzn likes this.
    05-20-2015 03:03 PM
    So what your mad about is user error?
    bhatech likes this.
    05-20-2015 03:40 PM
    What issue are you having with Auto brightness? Mine seems to work like it should.
    OceanView likes this.
    05-20-2015 03:49 PM
    The battery life is driving me nuts on this phone. Especially coming from the iPhone six plus. It is incredible to just sit there and watch it drain in 4-5 hours of on screen time even with all the settings changed. It got to the point where I got so fed up I reset the device, put the black picture as my wallpaper and lock screen, set Nova launcher. I am so over it. Thank goodness I still have my iPhone six plus too
    You are fed up with 4 to 5 hours of screen on time? What settings have you changed, and what carrier are you on?

Posted via the zenfone 2
    05-20-2015 03:54 PM
    Very small niggle, turning off the data always brings up a warning message. It's like I know, I'm turning it off for a reason stop telling me!
    deeb215 and timboevbo like this.
    05-20-2015 04:05 PM
    Very small niggle, turning off the data always brings up a warning message. It's like I know, I'm turning it off for a reason stop telling me!
    LOL Yep ... the "nag" messages built into the S6 are very annoying. The worst offender for me is the "high volume" warning when using bluetooth or headphones. But all of them bother me ... cellular data, airplane mode, volume, etc.

There SHOULD be a global override setting to "turn warning messages on/off".
    timboevbo, KJ78 and sqa4life like this.
    05-20-2015 04:30 PM
    LOL Yep ... the "nag" messages built into the S6 are very annoying. The worst offender for me is the "high volume" warning when using bluetooth or headphones. But all of them bother me ... cellular data, airplane mode, volume, etc.

Ah yes I forgot about the headphone warning due to me usually using my old reliable iPod classic. But on the times I have used it, the high volume is basically a whisper! So yeah I wish there was that option. I often turn off the data and lock instantly, forgetting that data doesn't actually turn off unless you press the accept button. Irratating!
    05-20-2015 05:07 PM
    What issue are you having with Auto brightness? Mine seems to work like it should.
    Sometimes it goes too dim at the wrong times or brightness doesn't kick in right away outdoors.
    05-20-2015 05:23 PM
    Sometimes it goes too dim at the wrong times or brightness doesn't kick in right away outdoors.
    Ah weird. I mean it takes a second for my phone to realize when outdoors (about 2-3 seconds) but that is the only delay I see.
    05-20-2015 05:31 PM
    Ah weird. I mean it takes a second for my phone to realize when outdoors (about 2-3 seconds) but that is the only delay I see.
    Yea I might end up going manual it's just a minor annoyance not being more consistent and accurate.
    05-20-2015 05:42 PM

Those are not exclusive to S6, my HTC One M8 also has the high volume warning, as did my old Moto Razr Maxx HD. Same with the warning when turning off mobile data. I think most phones have that. The Moto also had a "reminder" whenever you unplugged the usb charger from the phone, it would remind you to unplug the charger from the wall to save power.
    05-20-2015 05:46 PM
    Loving my S6 it's amazing, but these 6 thing's are annoying.

Battery
    Touchwizz
    Camera hump
    External speaker
    Back button should be on the left
    Should have shipped with USB C

dreaming of electric sheep
    05-20-2015 06:08 PM
    I can't stand the notifications interrupting music over Bluetooth. It is infuriating.

Posted via the Android Central App
    drone3, KRW1, neiljay6 and 9 others like this.
    05-20-2015 06:11 PM
    The Galaxy S6 is definitely a great device but I'm sure there's something about it that annoys you. For me:

1. The Auto-brightness
    Turning that off is better for battery conservation. I set mine at about 33% +/-
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-20-2015 06:35 PM
    I kept my iPhone 6 Plus as well and have been using it quite a bit lately due to the S6 battery life which drives me nuts as well. The S6 just drains away battery in Standby doing nothing at all and I'm constantly having to watch my battery during a long day away from my charger. With my 6 Plus, I never give battery life a second thought.

That said, I'd be thrilled with 4-5 hours SoT on the S6 - I average more like 2.5-3.5 SoT.
    05-20-2015 08:09 PM
    TouchWiz needs more slimming down and consolidation of menus that make logical sense to customization and functionality.

Chassis need to be flush with camera hump

Themes that were designed for business professionals.

Better speakers and a mate for the existing one.

Move the power button at the same height as the top volume rocker.

Increase lock,screen timeout.

More camera features and improve the existing ones.
    05-20-2015 08:15 PM
    I can't sort my app drawer, very annoying....Rogers better add it on 5.1

05-20-2015 08:20 PM
    AT&T needs to bring back Smart Manager and Download Booster.
    Brent Michael likes this.
    05-20-2015 08:25 PM
    My complaint is the the battery but i will be purchasing a mophie case soon, so ill be over that when i get it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Black Sapphire Galaxy S6
    05-20-2015 08:28 PM
    AT&T needs to bring back Smart Manager and Download Booster.
    Smart manager is crap thats why att and vz didn't allow it. Download booster on the other hand is very nice.

05-20-2015 08:36 PM
    App drawer - on my S4 I could touch one of the small buttons at the bottom to jump to that page, or swipe across them to move thru pages quickly, or pinch to get the mini pages view and choose a page or rearrange their order. That feature was very handy when trying to organise the apps. On my S6 edge apps were restored by Google in date order, so it took forever to move them thru the screens and arrange them in folders etc. Backward step in functionality there I reckon. And being able to continously cycle thru the pages without having a start and end page

Very annoying choose default messages etc

No all share -can't browse from the video app to computers on the same network to stream

Peel remote - the old watch on remote was clever enough to recognise that you weren't on the wireless network that you set it up on and would not show up in the notification area as a mini remote if you had that turned on unless you were at home. Was also available on the lock screen so you could use it without unlocking

Probably more but that'll do for now
    05-20-2015 08:44 PM
    No video out like MHL.
    I'd like to stream movies from my phone's storage or USB to my TV. Screen casting kind of works, but introduces artifacts and the video appears degraded.
    05-20-2015 08:48 PM
183 123 ...