T-Mobile issues worked out ?

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I got the s6 on launch day and returned it because of battery issues, etc. have these things been worked out with updates or nah?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was it an actual T-Mobile issue, or was it an issue with your particular unit? Did they offer (or did you ask for) a replacement S6 at the time?

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
For me WiFi calling typically offers good battery life. In my case, the wifi access points are enterprise quality. I can imagine typical consumer access points may not offer same results.

I find low cell signal areas to drain the battery noticeably faster (and I see the "cell standby" usage jump up).

I was told by a Tmo engineer that since the S6 launched there were software updates pushed to the towers to address some issues, not necessarily specific to the S6.

Supposedly 5.1.1 will include fixes to the cell radios and is expected to offer improved battery life. We shall see in about 1 month.

Posted via the Android Central App

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
For me WiFi calling typically offers good battery life. In my case, the wifi access points are enterprise quality. I can imagine typical consumer access points may not offer same results.

I find low cell signal areas to drain the battery noticeably faster (and I see the "cell standby" usage jump up).

I was told by a Tmo engineer that since the S6 launched there were software updates pushed to the towers to address some issues, not necessarily specific to the S6.

Supposedly 5.1.1 will include fixes to the cell radios and is expected to offer improved battery life. We shall see in about 1 month.

Posted via the Android Central App

I shudder to think how long it will take for that update to get to Australia...

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Not fixed at all. Still on going, and so far no guaranteed way to fix it.
Right now I am forced to keep wifi off to get decent battery life.

Local T-mobile service leaves much to be desired.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Not fixed at all. Still on going, and so far no guaranteed way to fix it.
Right now I am forced to keep wifi off to get decent battery life.

Local T-mobile service leaves much to be desired.

Correct. Not a single issue has been addressed or resolved since launch for T-Mobile S6's (which is shocking since they were first out of the gate - I've had my S6 for nearly 2 months now). It seems that the AT&T S6's had a recent update that fixed a number of issues but nothing at all from T-Mobile.

Still living with the same list of problem but praying (hard) every day we get an update from T-Mobile!

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
TMO is offering 64gb S6s for the price of 32gb ones from the 23rd to 25th for Memorial Day so now is as good a time to switch as ever.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
We've already gotten that update and that's not the 5.1.1 update that was being discussed. We have no ETA for the 5.1.1 update. It could end up being a while.

What on earth are you talking about? The date of employment is the 25th making it hasn't been released yet. And where did I say it was the 5.1.1 update? I didn't. I said it was a bug update

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
What on earth are you talking about? The date of employment is the 25th making it hasn't been released yet. And where did I say it was the 5.1.1 update? I didn't. I said it was a bug update

The quote you posted mentioned the 5.1.1 update, I thought that's what you were referring to, because the bugfix update has already been released and that link you posted shows that.

The FOTA was been released on the 12th (as stated on your link). I downloaded the bugfix update last week. You can see in your link it says "Now deploying" - it's been out for a while now.

Hence why I thought you'd be referring to a future update rather than wondering when an update would be released, when it's already been released.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
The quote you posted mentioned the 5.1.1 update, I thought that's what you were referring to, because the bugfix update has already been released and that link you posted shows that.

The FOTA was been released on the 12th (as stated on your link). I downloaded the bugfix update last week. You can see in your link it says "Now deploying" - it's been out for a while now.

Hence why I thought you'd be referring to a future update rather than wondering when an update would be released, when it's already been released.

So just because someone responds to somebody they are referring to every single thing that has gone on previously. I even stated in my post that it was a BUG FIX. Not the update. The website states expected deployment is may 25th. Geez forgive me for opening my mouth

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara