Does anyone know if it's possible for certain wifi networks to affect push notifications? For example, my notifications from USAToday come through on my home wifi network, but not on my work wifi network. However, the notifications came through on both networks just fine using my GS4. Could it be a lollipop thing? Or just a GS6 thing? Would it be because of the way the network is configured, like possibly extra security on my work wifi? Any way to fix this?
    05-21-2015 12:42 PM
    It could possibly mess with them. More in the sense that the wifi network your on may not allow certain apps / services to connect. Almost like at home you can go to whatever websites you want .. whereas at work you may hit a "blocked" message for things your company / IT department do not want you to access.
    It could possibly mess with them. More in the sense that the wifi network your on may not allow certain apps / services to connect. Almost like at home you can go to whatever websites you want .. whereas at work you may hit a "blocked" message for things your company / IT department do not want you to access.
    amacnutt likes this.
    05-21-2015 12:47 PM
    I think it's a network thing. I have the same thing on my work wifi. Most of my notifications don't come through. At home wifi, no issues, everything comes through.

Same thing happened with my prior phones as well.
    amacnutt likes this.
    05-21-2015 12:49 PM
    Absolutely yes. I have a T-Mobile S6 and I wasn't getting any push notifications on my home network with the screen locked. Seemed to have no problems at all on other wifi networks. Turned out to be an IPV6 issue. I disabled IPV6 in my home router settings and this immediately corrected the issue. Hopefully this helps.
    asiangenius likes this.
    05-21-2015 02:18 PM
    05-24-2015 07:13 PM