05-25-2015 04:54 PM
57 123
tools
    That as well.
    Samsung has a history with bloatware but at least it isn't as bad as the previous phones
    I wonder how much money they receive from Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, etc. and if it's a set amount or contingent on sales. I'd be curious how many more units they'd push if it were bloat free, and what the difference might be BT sales revenue on those additional units minus the bloat revenue.

Obviously no way to tell, but I'd think in the long run, unless they pay an exorbitant amount to Samsung, they'd make more money once they earn the reputation of manufacturing bloat free phones. That definitely wouldn't fly with most carriers in the US, so obviously it's just hypothetical.

When Samsung went out of their way to announce the slimmed down TW, I expected less bloat. Granted it's less than normal, and you can disable a lot of apps, but I still expected less.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-25-2015 02:25 PM
    Ultimately, I'd be happier if all Android phones were Nexus (or "pure Android") phones, and Samsung, LG, Motorola, and HTC just concentrated on making great hardware. If they want to make software too, fine, they should put it up in the Play store where I can learn more about it before downloading and installing it. That's the kind of choice I'd like. Give me a seamless stock Android experience with any device, but let me choose to download any enhancement I want to that experience.
    I agree 100% ... that's how it should be IMO

danthman likes this.
    05-25-2015 02:27 PM
    I agree 100% ... that's how it should be IMO

That would ideal but not reality. These brands are still going to apply their UI skins, hopefully as little as possible in terms of their footprint. Google has out the hammer down with each brand if they want to sell Android devices. Don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.
    05-25-2015 02:31 PM
    Wouldn't a Nexus device be better?
    theoretically yes, but most people don't want a 6" phone.

danthman likes this.
    05-25-2015 02:33 PM
    That would ideal but not reality. These brands are still going to apply their UI skins, hopefully as little as possible in terms of their footprint. Google has out the hammer down with each brand if they want to sell Android devices. Don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.
    me neither, certainly not in the US. I'm not sure the masses even care quite honestly. unless you've had a nexus or root your phone, it's normal to 95% of people. I'd guess more than half of smart phone owners don't know what the word bloatware even means

danthman likes this.
    05-25-2015 02:41 PM
    The UI's wouldn't be so bad without manufacturer bloat on top of carrier bloat.

danthman and deeb215 like this.
    05-25-2015 03:30 PM
    Bloat often adds bugs and battery drain issues.
    danthman and deeb215 like this.
    05-25-2015 04:54 PM
57 123