05-24-2015 08:00 PM
120 ... 345
tools
    I am happy for the news, I hope this will stop Samsung from making the same mistakes with the Note 5, which I was hoping to get, but not if Samsung leaves out sd-card expandability and replaceable batteries. I see no value in making iphone lookalikes, with all their limitations, and I am happy to see many others also think this way.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Characterizing the "possible" slow acceptance of a complete redesign as a mistake is pretty bold as the jury is still out and as a clone of an Apple is uninformed at best. Trashing a device that you don't even own is a little disingenuous. We don't have all the facts yet. It would interesting if the GN5 comes in a sealed chassis with the slightly smaller battery, faster chipset, better camera, wireless charging, external speaker grills on the bottom with the headphone jack and dual mobile payments. Also with 32/64/128GB and an improved s pen and more slimmed down UI. Note users would be singing from the hilltops and eating crow.
    05-24-2015 03:24 PM
    Those who bought Samsung because of the Swappable Battery and SD Card slot, see no point in buying this phone.
    Looks like those 'Market Researchers' made a sad assumption. They figured if iPhone doesn't have it, it must not matter to people.
    05-24-2015 03:44 PM
    6/52 weeks and already a rush to judgment based on unnamed sources to declare the efforts of a lot of talented people as a failure when the facts are not in. Nice.
    05-24-2015 03:51 PM
    Looking at the reviews over at Verizon and Amazon, one of the biggest complaints is battery life.
    Also, Amazon shows the sales are way down.
    Then you take the many threads complaining about no sd card or swappable battery.
    Then those that bit the bullet and bought it, who now have crappy battery life.
    Nope, it's not going out on a limb noticing the failing in sales.
    05-24-2015 04:04 PM
    It's a tad early to rush to judgement. But I believe it's just the other phone makers have up their game, more high end phones to choose from. I was looking at some Korean news sites and one was saying they are about 1million sales behind S5 for the same time period.
    Honestly I'll have to wait about 3rd quarter to see if the doom sayers are right.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jcp007 likes this.
    05-24-2015 04:39 PM
    It's a tad early to rush to judgement. But I believe it's just the other phone makers have up their game, more high end phones to choose from. I was looking at some Korean news sites and one was saying they are about 1million sales behind S5 for the same time period.
    Honestly I'll have to wait about 3rd quarter to see if the doom sayers are right.

Exactly. If Samsung stops production today and not single unit was sold, I did my research and still believe that I made the right choice for me.
    05-24-2015 04:42 PM
    Looking at the reviews over at Verizon and Amazon, one of the biggest complaints is battery life.
    Then you take the many threads complaining about no sd card or swappable battery.
    I'm pumped regarding the rumored features of the S6 Active; SD slot, 3500MAH battery, and a built-in case that resembles the defender I would otherwise get. If I get the S6 I would need the 64GB version and would get a defender case, so the Active will save me $160, though the Active is probably more than the vanilla S6. Only problem is that I am on Verizon and the active is reportedly AT&T unique, at least initially.
    05-24-2015 05:07 PM
    I'm pumped regarding the rumored features of the S6 Active; SD slot, 3500MAH battery, and a built-in case that resembles the defender I would otherwise get. If I get the S6 I would need the 64GB version and would get a defender case, so the Active will save me $160, though the Active is probably more than the vanilla S6. Only problem is that I am on Verizon and the active is reportedly AT&T unique, at least initially.
    Wouldn't being an AT&T exclusive preclude that?
    05-24-2015 05:23 PM
    Wouldn't being an AT&T exclusive preclude that?
    Hopefully just initial exclusivity. Bad marketing move on Samsung's part to keep it from VZW and Sprint.
    05-24-2015 05:35 PM
    Only the 6+ even has 1080p, but nonetheless most iPhone users that I personally know have commented on how good my screen looks, but don't care one bit if their own iPhone is any sort of hd or not as long as it looks good enough.

05-24-2015 05:45 PM
    Removable battery and sd slot are more likely to be make or break features for Note users than potential S6 users. Assuming sales are slow,(and we don't know that yet)- The people trumpeting the loss of sd and removable battery on the S6 as reasons for slow sales are then by default also making the assumption that existing iPhone users can't be converted and were never a market Samsung should target in the first place.

05-24-2015 05:55 PM
    No, what I'm saying is what drew people to the Galaxy line was the Large Display, Expandable Storage, and Swappable Battery.
    The mistake Samsung made was thinking it didn't matter because it didn't matter to iPhone users. Now there isn't any compelling reason to buy a Samsung. It's just another wannabe.
    I Can Be Your Hero likes this.
    05-24-2015 06:02 PM
    Don't assume what you also don't know as fact what others are thinking. Who cares? Until we have facts, all this is just noise. I can't speak for others nor would I try. I will stand behind my purchase and could care less if others prefer the card slot and replaceable battery. Buy what works for and let's wait for facts instead of pointless speculation.
    While I would in a perfect world prefer an sd slot, it was not a deal breaker for me and I don't regret buying my S6 at all.

05-24-2015 06:17 PM
    Back to topic.
    I have yet to see an S6.
    There's only 85 reviews on Amazon compared to 2500+ on the S5.
    The complaints on the S6 is really poor battery life.
    05-24-2015 06:41 PM
    I believe the S5 Active was only available on AT&T only and never made available on other carriers. I think that's why they call it "exclusive."

Hopefully just initial exclusivity. Bad marketing move on Samsung's part to keep it from VZW and Sprint.
    05-24-2015 06:53 PM
    No, what I'm saying is what drew people to the Galaxy line was the Large Display, Expandable Storage, and Swappable Battery.
    The mistake Samsung made was thinking it didn't matter because it didn't matter to iPhone users. Now there isn't any compelling reason to buy a Samsung. It's just another wannabe.
    I think the larger screens in particular was what was selling android phones. Now that Apple have offered two larger screened phones, they're selling gangbusters. And as you said, now what's the point of buying a Galaxy phone for the everyday consumer? Samsung lost its competitive edge when Apple released the 6 and 6+.

And I think that's being reflected by the sales of the S6. As I've mentioned before, I find it suspicious that we're almost two months into the S6 release and Samsung haven't commented officially on the sales, despite them commenting on the S4 and S5 sales a month after release. If the S6 were selling really well, I'm sure Samsung would have proudly pushed their chest out and made a statement. Yet, they've become cagey.

I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they're amassing insane S6/6E sales and will announce it. But I do think Samsung are hurting right now. Apple are killing the high end market, other Chinese manufacturers are doing very well in the mid and low end markets, which leaves Samsung in a difficult position. It's being beaten on both ends and I don't know how they get out of it. They don't have the culture/aura like Apple do in the high end, and consumers of lower end phones don't typically care what brand the product is, just that it's good value (which the Chinese OEM's are extremely good at).

I agree with you berdinkerdickle that with Samsung trying to make an iPhone, it raises the question, 'what's the point of getting a Samsung' now. Might as well get the iPhone rather than the phone trying to be one.
    berdinkerdickle and Adanick1 like this.
    05-24-2015 06:55 PM
    I believe the S5 Active was only available on AT&T only and never made available on other carriers. I think that's why they call it "exclusive."
    Some exclusivity has been simply a 3 month head start before it appears elsewhere.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    05-24-2015 07:00 PM
    I'm just saying. The S5 Active has been about for about 12 months and I don't believe it's available on other carriers. Maybe 13 months head start then.

Some exclusivity has been simply a 3 month head start before it appears elsewhere.
    05-24-2015 07:14 PM
    Deleted off topic posts once again.
    05-24-2015 07:38 PM
    Here is Asia the cost of iPhone and s6 is same price. People don't care what features either of them have or have not. As long as price is same they will buy iPhone as it gives them special attention though they are a part of the millions i6. In hk people stayed away from s6 due to Sd card and removable battery. I for once don't miss any of it. For me its the best phone yet just hoping they fix standby battery drain.
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-24-2015 08:00 PM
120 ... 345