My Galaxy S6 Setup and Why I Love This Phone!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Its whenever I see pictures of the white S6 I feel like I should've gotten the white one. But the black one just looks gorgeous under different lighting.

Besides that, I have to agree, battery life will undoubtedly get better with future OTA updates. Overall this phone is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I totally agree but I wanted the gold platinum but the attraction of the free OEM wireless charging pad and the lack of an available Best Buy SKU on pre-order day.

This post is only my personal response to the previous post and is not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way. I am not a paid attorney spokesperson nor am I an employee of Samsung but I am the Korean Thor.

mango1228

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Refreshing to read such a positive post. I also love my s6. Best device i have owned (i haved owned alot of devices)

Thank you for that :)

Posted via the Android Central App

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll second that. Love the case! I'll get one if it's grippy.... is it?

Awesome post and review and basically mirrors my own thoughts on this kickass phone.

Thanks!

I don't find it slippery, but it is smooth, glossy TPU. It doesn't have any texture, so I could see some people avoiding it. I personally haven't had any times where I felt I would drop it, but there are definitely grippier (is that a word?) cases out there.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Poor battery size, no SD card, no removable battery...

Just kidding I couldn't resist lol 😁

Nice write up, you get a like and a thanks! I'm personally waiting for the Fall season launches because that's what I always do every upgrade year just because some of my other favorite brands do Fall launches but so far the S6 is topping my 2015 picks

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Loving my gold 32 edge I to I'm so tried of the haters and complaining about the battery . When I got my gs6 I knew it's wasn't a all day phone and excepted that love this phone battery last me most of my day and the should be all that matters

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same wireless charging dock, I find my phone constantly disconnects and reconnects, you don't find that issue at all?

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same wireless charging dock, I find my phone constantly disconnects and reconnects, you don't find that issue at all?

To be honest, it just arrived yesterday, so I've only used it for about 2 hours as a test. I had no issues with my case on, it just needed to be right in the middle. Once I had it placed with a solid light, I never had any issues.

I'm guessing alignment is less of an issue on more expensive charging docks.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, it just arrived yesterday, so I've only used it for about 2 hours as a test. I had no issues with my case on, it just needed to be right in the middle. Once I had it placed with a solid light, I never had any issues.

I'm guessing alignment is less of an issue on more expensive charging docks.

If you guys are talking the OEM wireless charging pad, alignment is a little bit of an issue but certainly no deal breaker. The LED lights up blue when aligned and green when charging is complete.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
OK, some times it has connection issues and other times it's fine. I move it around in different placements, but sometimes it doesn't make a difference...I try to make the battery lined up right with the pad as much as possible. Let me know if you have any issues.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
OK, some times it has connection issues and other times it's fine. I move it around in different placements, but sometimes it doesn't make a difference...I try to make the battery lined up right with the pad as much as possible. Let me know if you have any issues.

You might have a defective unit. Something has to be pretty goofy proof for me to not mess it up.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I also got the little TYLT VU in Hot Green and it works fantastic. Like it better then the OEM Samsung model. I always have to place the phone on the Samsung charger twice before it will start charging. The TYLY, first time, every time. :)

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have that charger....it charges way slower than the other wireless chargers

I plopped my phone on this dock when it was at 42%. After exactly 1 hour, it was at 76%. That's a 34% gain during that hour.
I haven't used this charger much (haven't needed to!), so I'm not sure if that's good or bad compared to other chargers. Again, this is the first time I've actually paid attention to the charging rate, so I can't even provide you with an average charge rate until I have more data, but that's what I have so far.
I haven't noticed any disconnecting issues in that hour, and I'll note that this is just plugged into my laptop USB, not the wall.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund