My Galaxy S6 Setup and Why I Love This Phone!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I plopped my phone on this dock when it was at 42%. After exactly 1 hour, it was at 76%. That's a 34% gain during that hour.
I haven't used this charger much (haven't needed to!), so I'm not sure if that's good or bad compared to other chargers. Again, this is the first time I've actually paid attention to the charging rate, so I can't even provide you with an average charge rate until I have more data, but that's what I have so far.
I haven't noticed any disconnecting issues in that hour, and I'll note that this is just plugged into my laptop USB, not the wall.
I missed something. What charger are we testing?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I plopped my phone on this dock when it was at 42%. After exactly 1 hour, it was at 76%. That's a 34% gain during that hour.
I haven't used this charger much (haven't needed to!), so I'm not sure if that's good or bad compared to other chargers. Again, this is the first time I've actually paid attention to the charging rate, so I can't even provide you with an average charge rate until I have more data, but that's what I have so far.
I haven't noticed any disconnecting issues in that hour, and I'll note that this is just plugged into my laptop USB, not the wall.

Hmmmm, maybe I need to test it again...idk why mine was so slow
I left it overnight and it didn't even fully charge my phone
I have 2 of those chargers, but I'll use them mostly for emergency backups
I have an actual wireless charger that works well

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm, maybe I need to test it again...idk why mine was so slow
I left it overnight and it didn't even fully charge my phone
I have 2 of those chargers, but I'll use them mostly for emergency backups
I have an actual wireless charger that works well

It's not impossible that you got a dud. Amazon.com has limited reviews for this unit, but Amazon.ca has MANY reviews. Most are good, but it looks like a small fraction are duds. :(

What do you mean by "actual" wireless charger? One that you charge ahead of time, then it charges wirelessly? If didn't already have an portable USB battery charger, I'd definitely consider getting a portable one that charges the device wirelessly.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "actual" wireless charger? One that you charge ahead of time, then it charges wirelessly? If didn't already have an portable USB battery charger, I'd definitely consider getting a portable one that charges the device wirelessly.

I should have worded it properly. I meant name-brand wireless chargers as opposed to the cheap chinese ones

jerryrip

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've had my S6 for 2 days now, and I'm still configuring it and installing apps, but from what I've been seeing so far it's been a really good phone. I had to exchange the first one because I ordered it shipped from Best Buy and the home key had a slight smudge (didn't know if that would affect the fingerprint scanner or not). They were great about it and finished setting it up for me. So far after initially charging it, have had great battery life. I haven't really used it a lot except for a few calls and about an hour of screen time, but right now the battery's reading 10 hours of usage (about 67% power remaining) and approximately 19 hours left! I'd say that that's some decent battery life. Of course I'll have to see how it goes once I start using it more, but so far so good.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had my S6 for 2 days now, and I'm still configuring it and installing apps, but from what I've been seeing so far it's been a really good phone. I had to exchange the first one because I ordered it shipped from Best Buy and the home key had a slight smudge (didn't know if that would affect the fingerprint scanner or not). They were great about it and finished setting it up for me. So far after initially charging it, have had great battery life. I haven't really used it a lot except for a few calls and about an hour of screen time, but right now the battery's reading 10 hours of usage (about 67% power remaining) and approximately 19 hours left! I'd say that that's some decent battery life. Of course I'll have to see how it goes once I start using it more, but so far so good.
Glad you're enjoying it. This is the first phone that I bought from Best Buy as I usually go to the corporate store. I couldn't pass up a free wireless charging pad.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's a great and thorough review. I bought my S6 soon after the release and have been beyond pleased with everything you mentioned. Good stuff. Now just waiting for AT&T to release android 5.1

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's a great and thorough review. I bought my S6 soon after the release and have been beyond pleased with everything you mentioned. Good stuff. Now just waiting for AT&T to release android 5.1

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Still no 5.1.1 on AT&T. Waiting on the dark Material theme.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I went with the stealthily S6 ... the Active and I can say that I truly love using this phone.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

RedBarchetta

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Great and informative post. I agree with the other poster, that if I didn't already own this amazing phone, your review would have toppled me over the Galaxy fence. Coming from an HTC EVO 4G LTE, it's completely night and day for me. My battery life sucked on that phone and I'm happy with this battery life. Anyway, good post, good read!

Attention all planets of the Solar Federation, we have assumed control

Lyndon Phillippe

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Very good review. I've had my S6 for 10 days. I've had no problems so far. Battery life is good. It's a keeper. I upgraded from an S4 and used SmartSwitch to move everything over. Everything went smoothly - not bad for a 74-year-old.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084