Weather Channel?

moheeb

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
most of the weather apps starts a service in the background to download data from their servers. Some of them download (Videos, news, ads and weather data) regardless if you are placing a widget on your home screen or not. Widgets are only using the data that is downloaded by other services. Ads from the other side are only downloaded when you open a regular application unless the developer of the app download one or more ads to display them in various locations when downloading weather data. The size of ads is usually 100kb or less which means you will download 5 mb a day if ads are downloaded every half an hour.

If you want to check what data has been downloaded in your device, turn of the internet and use your app, if the app is still functioning and you can view weather data, ads, videos, weather perception map,,,etc, then everything is downloaded in your device every half an hour or whatever you configure the application with.

It is more profitable to download and display ads when a user use the app.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I've used 1Weather, was great and not a battery hog. Now I use Weather Live which is paid, along with MyRadar which is free. Still no battery drain issues, and I always use a homescreen widget.

Posted via AC app from my Galaxy S6 Edge

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I've used 1Weather, was great and not a battery hog. Now I use Weather Live which is paid, along with MyRadar which is free. Still no battery drain issues, and I always use a homescreen widget.

Posted via AC app from my Galaxy S6 Edge

I haven't tried Weather Live on my S6 edge, but I paid for it and used it on my T-Mobile pre-paid S4 which I have rooted and installed AICP 9-0 on it, (uses 5.1.1 of the android os) I have Nova Prime on it like on my Verizon S6 edge, and when I used Weather Live on the S4, next time I unlocked the phone, the home screen came on, but I couldn't scroll the screen and no icons would respond. It finally popped a screen saying Nova is not responding, turn off nova? A reboot fixed that, but after sitting with the screen off for ahile, the next time I unlocked it, same thing.

So I uninstalled Weather Live and have not had that problem anymore.

I guess I should have changed to using Trebuchet instead of Nova to see if I got the no response after unlocking the phone, but maybe someday I'll try again.

I'm not sure I want to try it on my S6 edge as I am using Nova Prime on it, and don't want to go through that on my S6 edge.

counterhit121

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
TWC isn't on my top battery offenders, but it is my top 3 data usage apps-- even with background data manually restricted. As someone with a 2gb/mo. plan, this is like almost 10% of my data. Uncool.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 5902.jpg
    5902.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 39

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
TWC isn't on my top battery offenders, but it is my top 3 data usage apps-- even with background data manually restricted. As someone with a 2gb/mo. plan, this is like almost 10% of my data. Uncool.

I believe that in app settings you can turn off location and use a list if locations.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
NOAA Weather free and isn't a bad app. It pulls directly from the National Weather Service and always has the most currently available data. Any app that uses AccuWeather crap will always be an hour behind the latest weather data available. Hence why the built in Samsung app sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12