I've had my S6 for about 3 weeks now, and starting yesterday I'm getting the touch tones whenever I type anything. It only turns off in vibration mode even though it's been turned off in my settings since day one. A soft reset did not fix this and I'd like to avoid a factory reset if possible. Any suggestions or anyone else with this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-23-2015 12:32 PM
    I've had my S6 for about 3 weeks now, and starting yesterday I'm getting the touch tones whenever I type anything. It only turns off in vibration mode even though it's been turned off in my settings since day one. A soft reset did not fix this and I'd like to avoid a factory reset if possible. Any suggestions or anyone else with this issue?

Clear the cache partition.

Turn the device off.
    Hold volume+home+power at the same time.
    In Manual mode, use volume rocker to toggle to clear cache. Power to accept.
    Repeat with reboot option.

If this doesn't work, try the factory reset.

Just a suggestion and not meant to be a expert opinion or must do. It is all up to you.
    05-23-2015 12:56 PM
    When I get to the warning message about installing a new OS I continue to get to where I can clear it?

05-23-2015 01:44 PM
    When I get to the warning message about installing a new OS I continue to get to where I can clear it?

I have never gotten that message. Don't accept. You should have been to toggle to Clear Cache. Partition using the volume rocker. Hold tight because we don't want to do anything to hurt your device. Is there an option to back out?
    05-23-2015 01:53 PM
    My two options were continue or cancel which would do a restart so that's what I chose

05-23-2015 01:55 PM
    My two options were continue or cancel which would do a restart so that's what I chose

Great that you were able to back out. Sent an urgent PM to erasat. He is more experienced and can walk you through it.
    05-23-2015 01:58 PM
    Sent more requests for help. Hold on.
    05-23-2015 02:05 PM

If you got that message then you used the wrong volume button, if you press volume down and the rest of buttons instead of volume up you will end up in Download/Odin Mode.

In order to enter to Recovery mode you need to press and hold the Volume up-power-Home bottons until the Android robot appears and then you browse the options using the Volume buttons and select with the power button.

BUT, if what you have is what I think, you may need to go to Settings-language and inputs and select Samsung Keyboard and in settings just turn off the sound la while typing.
    BioFanatic likes this.
    05-23-2015 03:04 PM
    I've been using Swype and I just went into the settings for it again and noticed the sounds are locked in the on positions with no option to uncheck.

05-23-2015 03:30 PM
    Got it fixed...wiping the partition didn't help, but clearing the app data a second time worked.

05-23-2015 03:39 PM
    Sorry, I thought I type volume up. Glad you were able to get it sorted.

This post is a reply to a prior post and is not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way. I am not an expert or a attorney spokesperson nor am I a Samsung employee but I am the Korean Thor,
    05-23-2015 03:53 PM