05-29-2015 03:19 AM
83 ... 234
tools
    Nowhere in that article does Samsung state the official sales numbers. Saying something isn't true holds no weight if you don't counter it with quantifiable proof. The reality is, if the S6 were selling strongly Samsung would have already made the proud announcement. And Samsung is renowned for letting every corner of the world know when they have a hit.
    The rising swell of tech and business sites is growing every day, all throwing out the 10 million sales number and all Samsung and its apologists can say is "That's not true?" on what day of the week is that sufficient proof?
    By the way, the Samsung Galaxy S6, only a month in, is $50 off at Verizon. Don't know if that's industry wide, but Verizon is the largest carrier. Products that move briskly don't see price drops. When have you ever heard of a company refusing to release successful sales data? Especially in the face of growing doubt?
    Samsung has been incredibly quiet regarding the S6. Their silence is deafening. It speaks volumes.
    Based on last year's S5 debacle and the current S6 problems, despite being arguably the most attractive device available and the most tech advanced, looks like to me that Samsung is cycling out of public favor, as every other once dominant OEM has done.
    Last year's plastic S6 with removable battery and expandable memory was a disaster. The current all metal/glass, finger print sensor iPhone aping S6 hasn't been successful. The public hasn't shown a taste for either. The world beating S6 was supposed to revive Samsung's high end business. It didn't happen. What is Samsung to do now?
    Start dropping the price. As embarrassing as that is with bitter arch nemesis Apple certainly taking gleeful notice as its iphone 6 is still going strong.
    While I have personally seen a lot of Verizon salespeople promote Apple and speak poorly of anything android, I can say that in my area the vzw corporate stores cannot keep the most 64gb and 32 GB varieties in stock. Esp the white 64. My dad and sister also had trouble in another market when they tried to purchase a 32 black and 64 white. Makes you wonder of there are production issues on Samsung's end that are limiting availability?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-28-2015 06:33 PM
    Huh? "Unfounded rants" because I'm sharing my real world 2 month experience with my S6's battery life, which incidentally is shared by many others (including Phil Nickenson who runs Mobile Nations). I thought this was a place for people to share their experiences, both good and bad.

And, "put up" what exactly? I've posted many battery life screenshots. Truly not following you here.
    No, your unfounded claims that it's Samsung's fault.

05-28-2015 06:47 PM
    Samsung sold me one. I am happy with mine, so I don't care how many they sold. My last two have been htc ones. Had the G2 - also an excellent phone - and the S3 before that.

^^+1

Just like I said in another thread of the same, I couldn't care less if they sold just 1 and it was mine, then I'd be the only one using the best Android phone in the market right now. I also mentioned that if they sold just 10M last month, that would be more than double of the rest of big players combined, even if they sell half than that, they won't go anywhere, if Sony still sell great smartphones and one of the best Androids out there (Z3), Samsung will be selling phones for long time to come.

If for some weird reasons Samsung decides to stop doing smartphones as it was mentioned in the other thread because their sales are "low", I couldn't care less either, I'm not a Samsung shareholder and the beauty of Android is that we have tons of other manufacturers making great phones, and even this new China newcomers and others like Asus with the Zenfone2, Alcatel with the Idol 3 and some of the Blu phones, all under $300 are great buys right now.
    jcp007 and warpdrive like this.
    05-28-2015 07:04 PM
    05-28-2015 07:08 PM
    No, your unfounded claims that it's Samsung's fault.

A little off topic, but why isn't it Samsung's fault?
    Were they required to release the S6 with the present issues?
    05-28-2015 07:14 PM
    A little off topic, but why isn't it Samsung's fault?
    Were they required to release the S6 with the present issues?
    And, wasn't it Samsung who collected my nearly $1,000.00 for the S6? Maybe T-Mobile got a few dollars off the top but my purchase was mostly a pass-through to Samsung so they are ultimately responsible.

The S6 doesn't have to have the battery draining issues it does so I agree that Samsung needs to take responsibility and fix it. The Sony Z3 has stupendous battery life, the LG G3 (and it appears G4) work fine, at least according to Phil's first hand use of the G4 which he said lasts him all day, and then some, where his S6 needed charging when he left the office (just like me).
    05-28-2015 07:23 PM
    Maybe we should just wait for Samsung's official numbers.

In the meantime, does high or low GS6 sales means the device is any better/worse? Nope. The phone is great irrespective of how it sells. Sales are Samsung's (and their investor's) concerns.
    It may come as a shock but I totally agree.
    05-28-2015 07:46 PM
    I pay close attention to sales reps at every retail carrier. The vast majority have no idea what each phone's pros and cons are, never mind any features. The iPhone is just simple to sell. Nothing more and nothing less. Just simple and easy. Nothing a sales rep needs to invest time in learning the product. Nothing to do with margins either.

But ask a sales rep about some features of an m9 or the motoX, and they just cringe at the thought of having to demonstrate the items. It's like they are lost and have no idea what they are talking about.

(disclaimer: not all reps are that bad and some are great, but most are lost on anything that they just don't know or use daily.)

That's for sure. A rep tried to tell me the One M9 is the best and has the best camera with 20 megapixels. Yet it scores the worst on the camera reviews and real world experience.
    jcp007 likes this.
    05-29-2015 03:19 AM
83 ... 234