Is my phone damaged?

joe11116

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
So I've noticed a few things and was wondering if it's flawed.

When I download torrents most of them don't make it to my gallery and can't be viewed, I also can't transfer files to my computer as when I connect my phone to the computer the files are broken and aren't recognized.

Yesterday I tried to transfer them to a external hard drive directly from my phone and my phone only recognized a folder called LOST.DIR

on top of that I thought I was mounting it but whatever I did to get into the folder erased my entire hard drive and and now when I plug it into my computer it it ask me to format it and it seems to have destroyed the drive.

Is there anything I'm missing that would help me with fixing the drive ?

joe11116

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Another example is downloaded music may or may not show up in my music player. It should go there automatically and lots of my stuff csnt be found.

I didn't have these issues at all with my S5

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Check to see where your torrent manager is saving the files at. The gallery app wouldn't pick up anything I download with utorrent. Not even MX Player would pull it up. I'd have to manually navigate to the file to view and play it.

I've never tried to transfer anything from a phone straight to an external hard drive so I don't have any knowledge there.

Again, I've never dealt with the above but if it is asking you to format your external hard drive, it's more than likely the current memory partition is not compatible with your phone and needs to be formatted.

Posted via the Android Central App

joe11116

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, i should make it clear though that it doesn't ask me to format on my phone but when I plug it into the computer after I plugged it into my phone. With everything erased.

I haven't plugged my phone into my lap top cause it's in storage but I'm hoping that because it has more up to date software it recognizes my device to file transfer.

Just irritated the music I have I can listen to in my bit torrent client but none of the music ends up in the music player so I can't play it.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, i should make it clear though that it doesn't ask me to format on my phone but when I plug it into the computer after I plugged it into my phone. With everything erased.

I haven't plugged my phone into my lap top cause it's in storage but I'm hoping that because it has more up to date software it recognizes my device to file transfer.

Just irritated the music I have I can listen to in my bit torrent client but none of the music ends up in the music player so I can't play it.
When u download anything, it will be at the app folder or download folder. Depends on music/video player using and u had direct the app to where downloaded files are located. Some music player have auto scan and some dont. Dont know about the pc, since havent plugged mine phone into a pc yet.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Another consideration is that viewing pictures and listening to music depends on the media scanner. Gallery and music players can only see the files that Media Scan finds. Turning the phone on or restarting causes it to scan. Recording sound or video causes it to rescan. Downloading doesn't, so even if the download works, you won't be able to find the file in Gallery or in a music or video player - unless you run an app like Rescan Media to force a rescan.

As far as what your torrent app is doing to your SD card, it could just be that you're using a pre-KitKat version of the app, so it's not handling the card properly. Or it could be a defective card. Or a defective card port. Or any of a dozen other things. We can help you fix problems here. The best we can do with symptoms (which is what you're giving us) is guess at causes. Once you analyze what's causing the problem, we can probably help you fix it.

The PC should see everything on the card - there's no equivalent of a media scanner in a PC. But if all you have on the card is LOST.DIR, either nothing was ever saved to the card or something formatted the card. It could even be your torrent app.

BTW, unless you're downloading from a Creative Commons (or similar license) site, you're probably downloading copyrighted music, which is illegal, and we don't help with illegal activities.)

joe11116

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
So basically the moment I plugged the external into my phone my phone reformatted the external drive?

How would that work if I have to format it every time between phone and PC

I believe my phone is fine, I just don't understand why my media is all over the place and not automatically put into the stock music player

Reboots don't help it.

joe11116

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
P.s.

How do I turn my camera light on. I can't seem to find the option and googling only shows that some S6 phones have a flash issue.

It seems to be faulty in some areas, Mike when I type in the address bar to Google something and I hit send sometimes it just doesn't do it and I have to goto the actual Google site to Google something. These things are annoying and I feel like it's not normal.

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
When you bring Down the menu bar from swiping down at the top of the phone click edit.

You will see an option called Torch. That's the flastlight. I put it as one of my quick access options.

joe11116

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't need my flashlight.

I need my light for when I take photos in the dark.

I think I'm done with galaxy as soon as the next android comes along. This is crap

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't need my flashlight.

I need my light for when I take photos in the dark.

I think I'm done with galaxy as soon as the next android comes along. This is crap

Turn the flash on when you have the camera activated from the settings menu. It's not that hard.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci