Hello! Everytime I press the power button on my Samsung to wake it up, it automatically comes up with the 'no match' message, thinking that there is always a finger on the button, meaning it instantly sends me to the back up password screen. When on the fingerprint set up tab in settings it still thinks that a finger is placed on the home button, if I try to add a new fingerprint I can leave my phone laying down without touching it and the phone starts adding up in percentages as if I was adding my own fingerprint, yet I'm not even touching it. If that made any sense can someone please help me!

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-25-2015 03:25 PM
    The phone is under warranty, so have it repaired or replaced. Wasting hours troubleshooting something you can have someone else waste their time on isn't efficient.
    05-25-2015 03:51 PM
    Okay cheers, was wondering if there was a fix for it without all the hassle of setting up a phone again.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-25-2015 04:08 PM
    I agree with Rukbat--something like that sounds like either a hardware issue or a firmware issue. For a phone that new, it's probably better to bring it back to the store and ask for an exchange, or to contact Samsung for warranty repair (if the store can't or won't do anything about it).

The only thing I would suggest trying before this would be to wipe the system cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095. If that doesn't help, then a factory reset wouldn't hurt either, since you'd probably be bringing it to the store afterwards anyway.
    05-25-2015 04:28 PM