05-29-2015 01:36 AM
33 12
tools
    I was going to hold off on upgrading my M8 but once I'd seen the identical M8s come out i i changed asap. I believed it was going to hit the secondhand value of the original M8 hard

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-26-2015 02:00 PM
    Most likely.. if only the camera is great.
    05-27-2015 11:33 AM
    I went to the phone store today to take a look at the HTC M9. The only HTC I owned was the HTC One X which I loved back in the day. Great build quality, I remember Sense being impressive and professional and it had a terrific battery.

Anyway, besides a really sharp looking Sense 7, the most impressive thing to me about the M9 was the incredible responsiveness of the phone. No lag at all. Man did the menus come up fast and respond instantly.

The phone was hot as can be so not sure if it was because it was a Demo unit or if it was the dreaded Snapdragon 810 that Samsung abandoned during development of the S6. The S6 clearly has way more hardware features but it seems to me that Samsung still has a long way to go to optimize TouchWiz.

I was ok with TouchWiz until playing with Sense today and now, I have to admit, I'm a tad jealous!
    I want to love this phone. But I can't. Not with that camera. I switched from the S6 to the Nexus 6 and now to the 6 Plus. While the 6 Plus is great on battery life and the camera is overall VERY solid, I'm still missing the freedom of Android. For me, the S6 was too much of a pain to get through the day on battery; and the Nexus 6 was a LITTLE too large and the camera was slow to snap a pic of my 2 year old. I would love to come back to the M9, but I'm not sure I can leave the 6 Plus camera for that. It would be like going years back in time.
    05-27-2015 01:25 PM
    Yeah...glad you guys picked up on the Katy Perry theme! I was going to title it 'I kissed an M9 and I liked it' but thought maybe that would indicate just a little too much love for the M9.
    Kissing an M9... There are women and children present.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    05-28-2015 08:56 PM
    HTC missed a real opportunity to leap frog the GS6 like the M8 did to the GS5. Glad I passed on the GS5 and M9 and went for the GS6.
    Zoostation likes this.
    05-28-2015 08:59 PM
    Most people here love there gs6 if your having buyers remorse not sure what answer you want from us . Take it back a move on

Posted via the Android Central App
    Wow...why all the hostility toward me? I've now seen you doing this in a number of threads to a number of people while the rest of us have civil discussions about the goods and bads of our phones or other things we like/dislike about other brands.

Actually, I don't have any S6 buyer's remorse. I have owned my S6 edge since the first day of the pre-release and have said many great things about it. In fact, I was the first one to write the initial impressions of the phone. It has a few flaws that need fixing by either Samsung or Google and I think it's time for them to be addressed after me owning the S6 for 2 months now. Many people agree with the S6's flaws (like Phil Nickenson, who runs Mobile Nations) and many people think it's great. That's cool and what makes for great Forum discussions.

That said, this post was a compliment to the M9 which, at least from the software side (Sense) I think HTC did a good job with. I haven't seen Sense in a while and it was very impressive to me on the M9. I'm truly sorry you missed the point of my post (to talk a bit about how impressive I thought Sense 7 was) or have some hostility toward me for some reason merely because I complimented another brand.
    05-28-2015 10:11 PM
    I like the M9 and had an M8 (windows version). I thought I'd maybe made the wrong choice with the S6 and the screen sensitivity issue I had for the first 2 weeks was truly making using it a miserable experience. Once I got that figured out I was very happy with it, but the M9 was a close second, the dang cam just blew it for me. Loved the M8 even with the bad cam.
    05-28-2015 10:21 PM
    I like the M9 and had an M8 (windows version). I thought I'd maybe made the wrong choice with the S6 and the screen sensitivity issue I had for the first 2 weeks was truly making using it a miserable experience. Once I got that figured out I was very happy with it, but the M9 was a close second, the dang cam just blew it for me. Loved the M8 even with the bad cam.
    Missing the opportunity to leap frog the GS6 makes it that much harder next year. HTC can't afford too many more missteps.
    05-29-2015 01:36 AM
33 12