Why do I some times not get notifications?

Josh Stasio

May 26, 2015
Visit site
why do i some times not get notifications

I have a S6 and have been loving it, but lately (hangs out or other messaging programs are more noticeable) i some times do not get notification or sounds of a notification when my screen if off, some times i don't even get them if the app is running in the back ground but my phone is on.

I have no idea what the issue is and before the question is asked, yes i have wifi/data to remain on when i have my screen off

edit: turning phone off/reset, turning off and on syncing, clearing app data all of these seem to not to help at all

edit more information: only way i have been able to fix it is have trillian and hangout on at the same time ( both google messaging apps) and get someone to send me a message. I will get one of the two notifications. this is a temp fix however it doesn't fix the problem perma.

Last edited:

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: why do i some times not get notificationa

I have a S6 and have been loving it, but lately (hangs out or other messaging programs are more noticeable) i some times do not get notification or sounds of a notification when my screen if off, some times i don't even get them if the app is running in the back ground but my phone is on.

I have no idea what the issue is and before the question is asked, yes i have wifi/data to remain on when i have my screen off

I have this fairly often with Microsoft Outlook which I use for email. I get the notification of the email, the vibration, but no sound about every forth email or so. The rest come through fine with notifications, vibrations and sounds. Can't figure out if it's an App issue or an S6 issue but it's just so random.

Josh Stasio

May 26, 2015
Visit site

I got this sometimes on my S3 but no where near as much as i do on my s6. i'll add some more infor now that i thought of some things.

only way i have been able to fix it is have trillian and hangout ( both google messaging apps) and get someone to send me a message. I will get one of the two notifications. this is a temp fix however it doesn't fix the problem perma.

Last edited:

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

I got this sometimes on my S3 but no where near as much as i do on my s6. i'll add some more infor now that i thought of some things.

only way i have been able to fix it is have trillian and hangout ( both google messaging apps) and get someone to send me a message. I will get one of the two notifications. this is a temp fix however it doesn't fix the problem perma.
Disable stock SMS, then try out Evolve SMS or Textra SMS. The settings at both apps are simple to follow. Disable stock email and dowload Type Mail. I use this apps at mi Galaxy S6 and they work great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Josh Stasio

May 26, 2015
Visit site

why would those programs effect all notifications across the board? I never use sms and never get sms messages. for emails i do not use stock so not sure those are the issue

ShortysTRM

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
This may be of no use at all to you, but I have had problems with notifications coming in with no sound, and the only way I found to fix it was going into settings-sounds-and adjusting the Notifications volme. I have no idea how it got turned down indepently of the ringer, but it was.

Josh Stasio

May 26, 2015
Visit site
most the time i don't even get the pop up so that doesn;t help too much sadly.

can't take it any more though i am going to factory reset and see if that helps things

edit: factory reset didn't fix it

Last edited:

gsheremeta

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
You're not the only one. There are several posts here about it, several on Reddit, and several on xda. I've even had a phone replaced, so it's definitely a major software problem.

Are you on AT&T by any chance?

Please call both Samsung and your carrier, because neither seem to know about it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers