Really strange Camera "issue". Vibrates / distorts viewfinder after starting?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
About 5 times now, when I double tap the home button to open the camera, the phone vibrates and the viewfinder "distorts". By distorts, the best way I can describe it, is think of the surface of a lake and a slight breeze creating tiny waves. This lasts for about 3 to 8 seconds and then all is fine. Or, if I don't want to wait, I can go home and come back to the camera. Also there seems to be a slight audio tone like a "hmmmmmm" but I can't tell if it's actual audio out of the speaker or from the material of the phone because of the vibrating. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm a little nervous, because although it has only happened about 5 times, this just started 3 days ago and it seems to be happening more frequently.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I just read another post about camera issues. He actually posted a video on you tube of what his was doing. Sounds like same issue. Here is the link.
Problem with Samsung S6 Camera: https://youtu.be/YOE2yiX7rQE

Yes, that's it! That's what I was describing in my original post. Only difference is so far it is totally random for me, and only seems to happen when I first open the camera. I also replied to his post. Thanks!

Kyle Green3

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
About 5 times now, when I double tap the home button to open the camera, the phone vibrates and the viewfinder "distorts". By distorts, the best way I can describe it, is think of the surface of a lake and a slight breeze creating tiny waves. This lasts for about 3 to 8 seconds and then all is fine. Or, if I don't want to wait, I can go home and come back to the camera. Also there seems to be a slight audio tone like a "hmmmmmm" but I can't tell if it's actual audio out of the speaker or from the material of the phone because of the vibrating. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm a little nervous, because although it has only happened about 5 times, this just started 3 days ago and it seems to be happening more frequently.

Yes I have this exact issue and I also have no idea what it is doing. It's strange is a different type of vibrate too.

Kyle Green3

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I have this same problem and I took it to a Samsung store. They technician said that he has seen it once before and it was the Camera aperture. They replaced it for free because my phone was under warranty and there was no damage to outside of my phone. I also had a small clicking sound when I would shake my phone right around the camera. I assumed some piece was loose. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know they will replace it if its under warranty.

Hoping it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

Dillon Johnson2

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue while I was in Vegas a while back and it ruined a lot of my photos and videos so I took it back for a replacement. Now the replacement isis starting to doing 4 months later and if it gets worse I will go back for another, this is ridiculous.

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Interesting... for the first time, this started happening to me. It only occurs at launch and then clears up. Photos have been fine. Thought for sure it was a software update bug.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue while I was in Vegas a while back and it ruined a lot of my photos and videos so I took it back for a replacement. Now the replacement isis starting to doing 4 months later and if it gets worse I will go back for another, this is ridiculous.

On both phones that his has happened to me, it doesn't happen right away, but rather 1-2 months after using the phone. I'm learning through two threads on this forum that this problem isn't as isolated as I'd hoped. I have a feeling more and more people will experience this the longer they own their phone.

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Was seeing the same thing last week on vacation. Wasn't consistent. Only lasted a second and then it would focus. Really odd. At first I thought it was me after a few too many!! ;)

EmiMo

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem too. It started after I updated to 5.1.1 but not sure the two things are related. The problem becomes worst with high temperature. I tried to set HDR off and I did not experience the malfuctioning anymore (it is now about one week).

Dillon Johnson2

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Well that might explain it... I live in Arizona and I'm going in for my 3rd phone at the end of this month. I'll keep getting new phones if this continues unless they give me my money back so I can get something else!

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Me too , my Galaxy S6 started to have this issue , i opened the camera after I had shaked the phone , than my camera vibrated for about 1-2 seconds , i don't know what i can do,i thought I gotta to take it to Samsung to have a check

Saurabh_2009

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site

I am also experiencing the same issue with s6 edge plus...

However this started after I reset my phone.

Any ideas

The RidiculousCrew

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site

My Samsung Galaxy s6 has been doing that exact same thing and it started 2 days ago, Today is 11/21/16 the waves the sounds everything. Mine wasn't with the normal camera tho I was on Snapchat. But it did do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem and have had it for at least a few months on my Note 5. Sometimes it won't happen, sometimes it'll last for a second or two, and once and a while it'll last for 30+ seconds before I'm able to take a picture. Probably exchanging it today. Something internal must be loose

Uncle Cubey

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
My old s6 edge did this too. It also triggered it when I lightly tapped the phone against something. I called customer support and got a new phone shipped to me. New phone is great, but the same issue has happened twice over the past month with this phone, which I hope won't increase in frequency. This hasn't happened in any other Samsung's I've had... The s6 seems to have a lot of glitches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12