This started happening to my S6 camera after one month in. When in camera mode, tapping the screen lightly to focus will give of a loud mechanical buzz, it sounds like the camera is trying to focus but not able to. I sent it to the Samsung service centre in Singapore yesterday and they said that it is not a problem and they are unable to repair it. I quote the service centre staff words: "Samsung has a list of common problems and this is one of them". Pretty cheesed off that I have to put up with this from Samsung.

I took a video of the problem and put it on youtube. I'm not able to post links at the moment but if you search youtube for "Problem with Samsung S6 Camera jamestoh" it should come up right at the top.

Anyone else with the same issues?
    05-26-2015 07:07 PM
    Mine doesn't do that. I disagree with that rep on that being normal.
    05-26-2015 07:20 PM
    I haven't heard any noise out of my camera module ever. I don't think that's normal. Maybe try going to a different rep or a different store to get it looked at.
    05-26-2015 07:23 PM
    I would do a hard reset and if still same get a replacement. That's no way the way it should be.
    05-27-2015 02:15 PM
    I have this same issue some times! I even posted about it yesterday but didn't have video like you have. My issue is fairly random (I cannot replicate the issue, it just happens randomly), but has become more frequent, so I worry that it will only get worse. So, you're not alone. I don't know what recourse we have, I bought my phone off contract at Best Buy, without insurance. I do know if my issue was (or becomes) fairly constant, I would not accept "this is not a problem" as an answer. I will post your youtube link for you:

05-27-2015 02:26 PM
    Even if you bought phone off contract and no insurance it still has a manufacturers warranty of 1 year. Since it is not occurring on alot of phones I would think it's a hardware issue and phone should be replaced.
    jimbl likes this.
    05-27-2015 05:02 PM
    Yeah , that is definitely not normal.
    Complain to Samsung and have them send you a new one.
    05-27-2015 05:08 PM
    Mine does the same thing.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy S6
    05-27-2015 06:00 PM
    Even if you bought phone off contract and no insurance it still has a manufacturers warranty of 1 year. Since it is not occurring on alot of phones I would think it's a hardware issue and phone should be replaced.
    Good point. Didn't think of that. Thanks.
    05-28-2015 06:48 AM
    I have a ticket open with Samsung now. I am in Safe Mode for the next two hours and then he is calling me back so I can report my results. Will update this thread when I know more.
    05-28-2015 10:45 AM
    After several troubleshooting steps through Samsung support, including 2 hours in Safe Mode, they had me do a Factory Data Reset. I tried to make it clear this didn't seem like a software issue. Of course the Reset didn't help. Then, they said I can do a warranty claim and send my phone in for repair. I verified they will not send me a new phone, and I am without a phone until the repair is done and phone is sent back. BS if you ask me, and I politely told Samsung just that. They transferred me to Verizon, and I am on the phone with them now. They have already had me do yet another Factory Data Reset. LOL. Here is hoping they'll be more helpful in the end.
    05-28-2015 02:02 PM
    Verizon is sending me a refurbished S6. Which I'm not exactly thrilled about, but in my opinion is a better solution than what Samsung was offering. Now I wonder though, what would Best Buy have done for me? That is who I bought it from. Would they have given me a new one under the Samsung warranty?
    05-28-2015 02:50 PM
    Verizon is sending me a refurbished S6. Which I'm not exactly thrilled about, but in my opinion is a better solution than what Samsung was offering. Now I wonder though, what would Best Buy have done for me? That is who I bought it from. Would they have given me a new one under the Samsung warranty?
    I thought Verizon would've given you the best results. Being this is a fairly new phone, refurbished may not be so bad. It may working better than your phone lol. Try best buy and see what they say. Never hurt to try

Galaxy S6 Gang
    05-28-2015 03:08 PM
    I thought Verizon would've given you the best results. Being this is a fairly new phone, refurbished may not be so bad. It may working better than your phone lol. Try best buy and see what they say. Never hurt to try

Galaxy S6 Gang
    Haha, I like your thinking, and optimism. If I get another goofy phone from Verizon, then I'll hit up Best Buy and see what they do. Otherwise, hopefully it works just fine and I never have to deal with this again.
    05-28-2015 03:19 PM
    My old (defective) phone is on it's way back to Verizon. Today will be my second full day with the refurbished one they sent me. So far I'm not having the camera issue, and I hope it remains that way. My last phone didn't start having the issue until at least a month into use. The refurbished looks brand new and so far no other issues either.
    06-03-2015 07:20 AM
    I wish you luck with the new phone.

When I got my first m8 everything worked great but gps was broken. It worked sometimes well, other times it would tell me that I'm 3 blocks away from where I was at. HTC sent me a new phone right away and all is well. First world problems, lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-03-2015 07:30 AM
    I got the same dad gum problem... I am going to go to Verizon ND see what they say.
    06-07-2015 01:00 PM
    I got the same dad gum problem... I am going to go to Verizon ND see what they say.
    Sorry to hear that. At the very least Verizon should stand by Samsung's one year warranty. That's what they did for me. I received a refurbished phone, but so far it's working perfectly and has zero cosmetic blemishes. Good luck.
    ogdlow likes this.
    06-08-2015 07:30 AM