New S6 with AT&T and google set up

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just an S6 with AT&T and the store I got bypassed the google sign in, where do I find it? I have downloaded some apps am not logged in although google email is set up. I was on Verizon and there was a set up icon.

Thanks

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just an S6 with AT&T and the store I got bypassed the google sign in, where do I find it? I have downloaded some apps am not logged in although google email is set up. I was on Verizon and there was a set up icon.

Thanks

Settings, scroll over to personal then accounts, add google or other accounts there.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, the account is in there, it just hasn't tried to pull any existing apps from the play store. I am guessing it might just take time to sync since I ported the number over. It just never tried restore anything in my account. Now to get used to the toy :)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
How do I set it up so Google backs everything up? I am not seeing that initial set up.

Thanks

Settings, personal, backup and reset.

In the playstore select the all tab and all of your past apps will be there. Unless you had them backed up they will not automatically download.

Posted via my Galaxy S6!

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Settings, personal, backup and reset.

In the playstore select the all tab and all of your past apps will be there. Unless you had them backed up they will not automatically download.

Posted via my Galaxy S6!

I THINK what the OP is talking about is this: When i changed from my GS4 to GS6, I did it at the ATT store. When initializing my new phone, at some point in the process there was some sort of option for having your new phone "suck in" the stuff from your old phone - meaning, it would just start downloading the apps you had installed on your old phone. My phone did this (well, partially ... it downloaded automatically most all the apps I had, but not ALL of them) ... and when we got my wife her S6 this past weekend, her phone did the same thing with most all her apps that were on her S4 Active.

I can't recall what it was that we did that initiated that "app transfer" so that you don't have to manually go into the play store and tell it to download the apps to your new phone ... but rest assured, the option to have it do it automatically IS there, at least on the ATT version of the phone.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I THINK what the OP is talking about is this: When i changed from my GS4 to GS6, I did it at the ATT store. When initializing my new phone, at some point in the process there was some sort of option for having your new phone "suck in" the stuff from your old phone - meaning, it would just start downloading the apps you had installed on your old phone. My phone did this (well, partially ... it downloaded automatically most all the apps I had, but not ALL of them) ... and when we got my wife her S6 this past weekend, her phone did the same thing with most all her apps that were on her S4 Active.

I can't recall what it was that we did that initiated that "app transfer" so that you don't have to manually go into the play store and tell it to download the apps to your new phone ... but rest assured, the option to have it do it automatically IS there, at least on the ATT version of the phone.

Yeah I think my S6 offered to have me "bump" with my other android phone to copy my settings etc. I always set up as new or manually so do not know how that works. I think if you select backup it gives you to optio. To restore from a backup as well.

Posted via my Galaxy S6!

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
With Verizon and a new phone my stuff was restored including apps. In this case it wasn't. I had to manually download them and was never able to sign in to Google on setup. I did find that in settings so I am good. I think changing carriers and the AT&T store was a new experience. It is tweaking now..

I am not sure I like AT&T's messaging app.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12