Display keeps turning on during wireless charging

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I've tried the S6 on the Google and Nokia wireless charging pads and the screen illuminates every few seconds. This is especially annoying at night. I don't have the option to keep awake while charging selected and this doesn't happen with the plug-in charger.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal? I also own a Nexus 6 and I don't have that issue with either charging pad.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I've tried the S6 on the Google and Nokia wireless charging pads and the screen illuminates every few seconds. This is especially annoying at night. I don't have the option to keep awake while charging selected and this doesn't happen with the plug-in charger.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal? I also own a Nexus 6 and I don't have that issue with either charging pad.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Yep, does this randomly with the message "wireless charging is paused". It's a sw glitch. Just have to take it off the charger, wait for the screen to go dark, put it back on and re position until it takes.

Posted via the Android Central App

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Yep, does this randomly with the message "wireless charging is paused". It's a sw glitch. Just have to take it off the charger, wait for the screen to go dark, put it back on and re position until it takes.

I have done that, but it still keeps happening even when I take it off, let the screen go dark and the reposition.

I was wondering if the Samsung charger didn't have that problem. I don't own that one.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
A restart has never failed to me when it has done that before, it gets very annoying so fast, so I don't waste too much time and simply restart and it stops. It has happened 3 or 4 times since I got the phone on 4/10.

mdarch

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the Samsung wireless charger and have never seen that behaviour. Also I have a wireless car charger, not sure what brand, but no problem with that either

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Are we sure its a SW bug? I've got a cheap wireless charger and it happens to m3, but I assumed it's just because the one I got is cheap.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I have used the Tylt Vu charger and the Samsung charger, and that "waking up often" happened one time with the Tylt charger. I just moved the phone very slightly, and it stopped doing that. So, while other theories might be perfectly valid, it may well just mean that you don't quite have the phone sitting on the charger as well as it could be, and that the charging is getting interrupted because the connection isn't strong enough and is "breaking up." Obviously, at least try moving the phone around to see if you can't get it to stay charging properly....

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Are we sure its a SW bug? I've got a cheap wireless charger and it happens to m3, but I assumed it's just because the one I got is cheap.

I have used the Tylt Vu charger and the Samsung charger, and that "waking up often" happened one time with the Tylt charger. I just moved the phone very slightly, and it stopped doing that. So, while other theories might be perfectly valid, it may well just mean that you don't quite have the phone sitting on the charger as well as it could be, and that the charging is getting interrupted because the connection isn't strong enough and is "breaking up." Obviously, at least try moving the phone around to see if you can't get it to stay charging properly....

I can tell you that one of the last time it happened I was ready to take a bath and I began hearing the phone with the charging tone again and again every 5-10 seconds, so I went to see what was wrong and saw what it was doing, in the same position it was turning on and off the wireless charging, it's a PMA charger so it has the little magnet that keeps the phone in place, so without moving the phone a mm, I press the power button and did a reboot, after it rebooted it never happened again.

So, even when it's possible that it may be doing that for a lot of reasons, power, placement or other, with the above I can guarantee you that in my case it was something on the software side.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Well ok I'm assuming it's a sw bug because it happens to me on both of my Powerbot chargers with or without a case on.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a cheap charger from Amazon that works well, never does what you're describing.
My guess is that the connection is weak and keeps disconnecting.

Do you have a case? Is the phone aligned on the charger? Is the charger cheap?
That's where I'd start.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a cheap charger from Amazon that works well, never does what you're describing.
My guess is that the connection is weak and keeps disconnecting.

Do you have a case? Is the phone aligned on the charger? Is the charger cheap?
That's where I'd start.

I think we have the same cheap one from eNiceshop, so yours never does this? interesting. I using it right now, ive positioned the phone to sit a little more on the left side (front facing the phone, as if i was using it) as thats where the battery sits and its not disconnecting...maybe the pad is just too small and causing the problems? who knows.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think we have the same cheap one from eNiceshop, so yours never does this? interesting. I using it right now, ive positioned the phone to sit a little more on the left side (front facing the phone, as if i was using it) as thats where the battery sits and its not disconnecting...maybe the pad is just too small and causing the problems? who knows.

Yeah, I think we have the same one, based on previous discussion. It's definitely tiny, haha. Mine isn't causing issues, but I definitely need to place it in the middle of the device. Slightly off and I need to reposition it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I think we have the same one, based on previous discussion. It's definitely tiny, haha. Mine isn't causing issues, but I definitely need to place it in the middle of the device. Slightly off and I need to reposition it.

See, for me the "middle" doesnt work at all...it keeps going on/off...but if i position it to lean more on its left backside (or if you're looking at the back of the device, its right) its much more consistent. Wireless works very nicely, being in an office its a very nice feature....but my problem is i dont trust people in my building so i have to always back it away....but for home i can see the benefit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome