I picked up my S6 yesterday and also got the Samsung wireless charging plate with it.

The problem I'm facing is that when ever the phone screen turns off (whether it's me turning it off or the screen timing out) the wireless charging pauses, stops and then starts again giving this little beep sound. I thought nothing of it and left it 'charging' overnight and in the morning it had charged from 8% to 3%...

Is there something I'm not doing right? Should it wirelessly charge while the screen is off?
    05-28-2015 02:22 AM
    Waking up with 3% battery charge is a bad morning..
    nytrus113 likes this.
    05-28-2015 03:44 AM
    I picked up my S6 yesterday and also got the Samsung wireless charging plate with it.

The problem I'm facing is that when ever the phone screen turns off (whether it's me turning it off or the screen timing out) the wireless charging pauses, stops and then starts again giving this little beep sound. I thought nothing of it and left it 'charging' overnight and in the morning it had charged from 8% to 3%...

Is there something I'm not doing right? Should it wirelessly charge while the screen is off?
    Is the phone sitting in the middle of the wireless charger? If it is not sitting on the charger properly, it will not charge. Sometimes keeping the phone on vibrate will cause the phone to move slightly while it's charging and pause the wireless charging. Keep sound on or turn it off. I know it sounds crazy but this is S6 life lol. I would remove the case (if you have one on) and try it again. There is a blue light that is illuminated on the samsung wireless charger when it is charging your phone properly. Make sure you see it so you'll know. As well as the LED light in the front of the phone that alerts you that your phone is charging. Make sure you purchased your wireless charger from an authorized dealer as you know people are counterfeiting everything now a days and may advertise that they are selling the real thing. Good luck and keep us posted

Galaxy S6 Gang
    05-28-2015 03:29 PM
    Yep! Also seems like a flaw to wireless charging, unless I'm doing something wrong?
    05-28-2015 03:29 PM
    So the phone is charging without problem, until the screen turns off, as long as the screen is on it will charge fine.

No case, and the Samsung wireless charge came from O2
    05-28-2015 03:31 PM
    alright, did some looking around and found this. Try it and let me know how it goes. Set Daydream (under Settings, then Display and Wallpaper) to happen when charging (it is set to Off by default), so it no longer will go into screen lock when you engage the charger, it will lock when you remove it from the charger. Could be an app installed in your phone that is causing the malfunction as well. Another option is to restart your phone in safe mode and see if it charges fine. Then you'll know if it's an app. Just gotta figure out which one. Live wallpapers is a known culprit. Good luck!!
    05-28-2015 04:05 PM
    I'm still struggling with this. Using silly daydream mode to prevent my wireless charging from tripping out. Is there not yet a fix for this?? This is ridiculous. I hate daydream mode. Can't my phone wirelessly charge with the screen off like a normal device?
    07-28-2015 12:53 AM