S6 Contacts app - limits number of characters allowed for Notes field

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The S6 is my second Android phone. First was an LG G2.

I'm noticing my Exchange contact notes are truncated on the S6. Seems to display first 1000 characters only. My G2 did not exhibit this limitation.

I did some searching around on this subject and it seems to be a common Samsung complaint.

My workaround so far has been to use the Outlook app when I need all notes for a given contact. This workaround is somewhat inconvenient and I'd like to find a better way to natively manage Contacts.

Any ideas? Other than get a G4....

Posted via the Android Central App

imogen

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for your post about Contacts+. When I discovered Samsung Contacts chopped off my Notes at 1000 characters, I thought I'd need to return the phone. Your message recommending Contacts+ saved the day. I had it up and running and the problem all fixed within 10 minutes. :)

imogen

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
There's a further wrinkle. Contacts+ lets me *see* the whole contact, even when it's over 1000 characters. But it's not letting me *edit* the contact.

Can anyone suggest an app that lets you see and edit a contact that is over 1000 characters?

pelon0427

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem I have contacts with a lot of notes and on my phone it limits the notes I can see but on my tablet I can see all of them. I would be interested in a contacts app that worked well with Google contacts.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Found a solution: Read on another forum about "Contact Editor" by Marten Gajda. After installing, you can set it as the default to edit contacts. I have some long notes and it lets me see them and edit them. Had it for about two weeks and it's been wonderful. I use Contacts + to see my contacts: it lets me see the long notes, and when I click the edit icon, it goes right to Contact Editor.

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Found a solution: Read on another forum about "Contact Editor" by Marten Gajda. After installing, you can set it as the default to edit contacts. I have some long notes and it lets me see them and edit them. Had it for about two weeks and it's been wonderful. I use Contacts + to see my contacts: it lets me see the long notes, and when I click the edit icon, it goes right to Contact Editor.

U just save me! I do a lot of temporary notes on notes field while talking with my patients. On s7 and tab s2 the lista seems to be less than 1000 chars.
Thanks

TonyVov

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Wow Kind of scary ...
I have same issue with Samsung S7. It is extremely frustrating to permanently lose data from contacts without warning.
I have tried unsuccessfully different contact/Dialer Apps.
Currently using:
Ready Contacts + Dialer
Ready Communication
I thought this had fixed the issue as all notes were visible. However on EDIT the problem returned.

I am trialing now
Contact Editor Free
Marten Gajda
This weird program jumps in when the edit button is pushed and seems to take care of the problem.
Kind of scary.
This is a very frustrating issue.

Would appreciate any other users feedback.

nomad4ever

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution? I have the same problem, just worse after the Nougat Update for my Huawei Mate 8.

Whenever I edit on the device (tried Huawei Contacts app & Google Nougat Contacts app), the long Notes field gets truncated.

When I edit in the browser www.google.com/contacts, I can edit, it sticks there, but still doesn't get synced back to the device... On the device it looks truncated, even though in the cloud it's there.... Frustrating!

My friend with a Mate 9 has the same problem.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty